Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

bmvan.jpg

url

WTF IS THAT?!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!

Well, when the only offer after one week is a lowball offer for $3k less than I'm asking, I think I'll hold onto it for now. Plus I'm getting used to the concept of parking it in very tight quarters.

Glad you came to your senses.

Also, how the hell did they glued a 3-series front into a Odyssey (i think it's a odyssey)

Well, when the only offer after one week is a lowball offer for $3k less than I'm asking, I think I'll hold onto it for now. Plus I'm getting used to the concept of parking it in very tight quarters.
I couldn't sell it I'd just park it somewhere and stare at it if I couldn't afford to drive it.

I want to play with new toy <_<

Last edited:
I couldn't sell it I'd just park it somewhere and stare at it if I couldn't afford to drive it.

I want to play with new toy <_<

Driving it's not a problem, it's parking and its associated dings that are. New toy, the Subaru? Tell us more about it.

Kat will invent us some car pillows for parking.

I only got to drive it for like 5 minutes and slowly because mother was there >_>
I go around a corner at only like 30 and she got mad. HOW YOU EXPECT TO TEST HANDLING MOTHER. There was a nice curvy road I didn't get to drive down either. I don't think she'll like it when I take it out and it comes back a bit muddy :lol:

You two should tape some sticks or dowels or something to the outer corners of your cars so they stick up and you can see where the corners are from your seat. You'll learn where they are that way, and you'll look silly at the same time!

I have sadly considered this seriously
I am envious of your square car where you can see edges.

You two should tape some sticks or dowels or something to the outer corners of your cars so they stick up and you can see where the corners are from your seat. You'll learn where they are that way, and you'll look silly at the same time!

The early W140 S-class had retractable antennae at its rear corners for that exact purpose. Someday I'll once again live in an area where there's enough room for both people and cars, and it won't matter, but for now, I'll leave my rear bumper as scratched up as when I bought the car.

Why are 5-spoke rims so universally good-looking?

Last edited:
Neither of my cars are square. Nor can I see where the corners are, notice how they slope down similar to yours. I've just gotten to know them well enough that I can tell the distances from the drivers seat. I thought I had a video where I was driving it and it showed how it looks out the windshield, but apparently not. If the weather clears up this week I'll do take one.

Kat will invent us some car pillows for parking.

I only got to drive it for like 5 minutes and slowly because mother was there >_>
I go around a corner at only like 30 and she got mad. HOW YOU EXPECT TO TEST HANDLING MOTHER. There was a nice curvy road I didn't get to drive down either. I don't think she'll like it when I take it out and it comes back a bit muddy :lol:

I meant the car. :rolleyes:

I can't tell you yet she only let me drive it like an old person.

I also noticed that the fact the vinyl stripes on my car will prevent scratches. All I need is clear viny

It is the outback premium because she is old and needs heated seats, It is also an auto because she is old and not fun and doesn't listen to me when I say it is easy.

Her criteria included christmas tree transport. That would be jaaaaag abuse, it would get all covered in sap and needles and probably scratched.

Her criteria included christmas tree transport. That would be jaaaaag abuse, it would get all covered in sap and needles and probably scratched.

Therein lies the nice thing about living with the damned Christmas Tree farm adjacent to your property (and also adjacent to where I park ye olde pickup truck). Most years we don't have to go more than 10 feet outside our property to get a damned tree (though we have to drive up to the other side of the valley to pay for it)