COD: Modern Warfare 2

Anyways, like I was saying, the campaign's only short if you're a pussycat and don't play on veteran. Took me just a smidge under 8 hours.

The average age is actually 35, and I have a feeling that wont change much since gamers will keep getting older but there will always be new kids coming to it.

I know, but there is and always has been a large number of kids playing games as well. I'm not sure the number of kids playing video games has increased. That was my point.

Anyways, like I was saying, the campaign's only short if you're a pussycat and don't play on veteran. Took me just a smidge under 8 hours.

Hmm.. It took me 7hr and 21 minutes to finish on veteran.

also, multiplayer has been cracked. Well, so much for IWNet, eh? I guess they might as well enable dedicated servers now.

I really hope they do. We have proved they were lazy and got what we wanted in the process. Lets hope they make it an official patch.

Six days after release, it looks like there has been a successful community dedi-server created. Houston...the Eagle has landed.

On top of this, they are currently making a mockery of the IWnet ranking system as shown in the following video:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqLUDfl26Y[/YOUTUBE]

Source:
http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=803&Itemid=111

This is GOOD news:D

also bumped into a couple of people with aimbot on the matchmaking system yesterday.. unable to vote kick them.. only option is to leave and find a new match

Last edited:
Ugh @ hacking.

Finally! This strikes a chord in me that makes me want to download this. Also it's fun to reply to the comments by envious console-players who are stuck in their little game without any way of modifying it. And no, IW will make the next game for PC too. Why? While they are evil and arrogant, they're not retarded. So far Sony have sold 27 million PS3's in the world. Microsoft has sold 31 million crossboxes. Meanwhile there are 263 million online PC gamers. The "boo you pirate our games so now we'll go and only make games for consoles" is all talk and no money.

Last edited:
Six days after release, it looks like there has been a successful community dedi-server created. Houston...the Eagle has landed.
So, the whining will stop? Oh, wait...now there?s the "we have to pay more for the full game" whining...;)

^ I paid 40 Euros for the game, my friends all only paid 32 including shipping, so thats a normal to cheap price for a game with 3 game modes... Keys can be had for 30-35 Dollars afaik... Its actually cheap.
As I said: I bought the game, mp is fun for me, I really like it. I can't wait to finish work and go home to play this game some more... Well, a couple hours to be honest. Its really awesome in my book and my friends haven't even started to play this online with me.
This whole dedicated servers mess isn't as bad as people thought, but still, I see the possibility of dedicated servers in the future as a good thing.

WHAT ISN'T A GOOD THING, THOUGH:
Fucking modded servers that give out huge amounts of points... I kinda saw why people would do that in World at war: You loose your profile and have to start all over even tough you were prestige 3 or something.

Now, your progress is saved in the could, and therefore I really hope everyody who uses this gets banned from IWnet... Again: Just my 2c

Finally! This strikes a chord in me that makes me want to download this. Also it's fun to reply to the comments by envious console-players who are stuck in their little game without any way of modifying it. And no, IW will make the next game for PC too. Why? While they are evil and arrogant, they're not retarded. So far Sony have sold 27 million PS3's in the world. Microsoft has sold 31 million crossboxes. Meanwhile there are 263 million online PC gamers. The "boo you pirate our games so now we'll go and only make games for consoles" is all talk and no money.

That "263 million online gamers" includes all kinds of casual users that just play really basic games like Runescape.

has anyone else been having problems with their Xbox version of MW2? when i go online with the multiplayer the game has recently begun kicking me out of the game and disconnecting me from Xbox Live. When i get back into the menu's it then reconnects me to Xbox Live.
In some cases when i'm searching to join a game it'll say that i must be connected to Xbox Live. despite the console saying that i'm already connected to Xbox Live.
I've really enjoyed the game and this is the first time where i've really had a problem with it. My other games are all working fine on Xbox Live so therefore by process of elimination it leaves me believing that the fault is with the game. Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

So far Sony have sold 27 million PS3's in the world. Microsoft has sold 31 million crossboxes. Meanwhile there are 263 million online PC gamers.

You realise that's an utterly bullshit statistic, right? That's like how Top Gear has 50 trillion viewers - a worthless statistic that counts people who've only seen one TG clip on youtube without even knowing what TG is. That 263 million counts my parents who play games on Facebook and therefore play online PC games.

Supposedly there are cracked dedicated servers out now that don't even require steam. Not sure how the anti-cheat would work on these though.

Supposedly there are cracked dedicated servers out now that don't even require steam. Not sure how the anti-cheat would work on these though.

A strong, fair admin presence is all you really need to keep cheaters out.

That "263 million online gamers" includes all kinds of casual users that just play really basic games like Runescape.
Doesnt matter what kind of games they can play, point is the PC is the by far largest platform and the 2008 revenues from PC game sales are larger than revenues for the Wii, PS3 and Xbox combined. MW2 is an exception, only 3% of sales so far are for PC but given IW's attitude, that's their fault and not the platform.

Last edited:
Doesnt matter what kind of games they can play, point is the PC is the by far largest platform and the 2008 revenues from PC game sales are larger than revenues for the Wii, PS3 and Xbox combined. MW2 is an exception, only 3% of sales so far are for PC but given IW's attitude, that's their fault and not the platform.

... which no doubt includes things like pinball games and solitaire, which are massive business despite the quality of the product. Source please.

Last edited: