Your worst crash

He has a Suzuki motorbike. I was on a motorbike when I got hit; it's much different without the seatbelts, safety cage, airbags, and crumple zones.

Cute, now try it on public roads and without the car.

Done it, but without car or bike. Just minding my own business in a crosswalk. Smashed teeth are sweet!

Ouch. Not fun.

I hope the driver paid for your medical.

https://pic.armedcats.net/w/wh/whappeh/2009/11/15/RX8Dmg1.jpg

I was coming to a stop at a red light, 20-something girl behind me on a cell phone in a Eclipse thought Red meant green and sped up to hit me at ~30mph. Some frame damage, but the car held up rather well all things considered. Got it fixed and it was just as good until I sold it.

I was a stupid kid a bit back. (still reckless even till today)

But about a year ago, when I was using my dad's 1995 Lexus ES300 as a daily, I was joyriding with a friend (we were hanging out at his house, and I suggested that I take us out for steak) around our local "touge" pass East Mercer Way loop and it was rainy. I was trying to show off, and I ended up understeering off a cliff, doing several barrel rolls, and landing in a bunch of bushes, mud and branches. We were both fine (my friend sprained his hip a bit when we rolled).

My friend kicked out the door and bolted for the road when we landed. I was trying to find all my papers and run away, but when I climbed up to the road, the ambulance, fire fighters, and po po were there... I was written a speeding under condition ticket and maintained that I was alone in the car...

I went nearly a year without a car until I got my Merc.

We only had liability on the ES, so my parents didn't get a dime from the insurance company.

As a fellow Puget Sound resident that's comforting to know.

Shit, Lol... too late.

Yeah, I've stopped driving recklessly on the open roads. But just saying, street racing is like trying to work a Porsche 928, nothing good can come of it (but jk about the 928 joke).

Last edited:
^Didn't that happen in the Italian Job? (original)

And touge is not something attributed to the driver, it's the road type.

In terms of pure numbers the worst crash ever was getting "T-Boned" by a dumb ass coming out of a parking lot and hitting the S-Class in the side at the rear wheel. His insurance picked up all the tab but was over 10k when everything was done as labor and car rental for a month added up.

As for worst overall, me hitting a dog on my 2003 Sportster 883C. Totaled the bike, dog I think later had to be put down but I was overall fine but still got a trip to the ER. Ended up with a deep cut in my hand, bruised elbow, knee and a very, very sore body. But luckily I was wearing proper gear.

^Didn't that happen in the Italian Job? (original)

And touge is not something attributed to the driver, it's the road type.

The people who do "touge" driving - or use that term to describe driving, roads, whatever - are part of a car culture that treats public roads like racetracks. They are notorious for apexing on the wrong side of the road. Don't believe me, search YouTube for Touge.

My opinion stands. There is a difference between spirited driving and reckless endangerment of others on the road, and that's a line that "touge" drivers often cross. It's not a hard line to see either, it's clearly marked by two large double-yellow lines.

And I did not cross lines to take apexes. I was following a heavily modified Z4M coupe. I thought I would stop for a bit and try to catch up. Hit a puddle in a corner, and went off the cliff.

Motorcyclists and longboarders on the island cross lines more often than automobiles do.