The "Happy Birthday!" Thread

Well happy 26th Austere! May it be filled with rainbows and kittens, by rainbows and kittens I mean bowls and pints.

Thank you, it was a day filled with drunken abusiveness and meshugas. :happy:

Does "meshugas" have a different meaning in Oz? I only know it as Yididsh sort of meaning crazy. (Nothing in Yiddish translates exactly to anything.)

Of course! That's why I got so drunk!:D

Well you coulda said. I never scroll that far down on the main page. :p Happy day, retroactive.

Last edited:
It's a bit late in Australialand, but not here in Americaland, so Happy Birthday Austere!
Thank you.:cool:

Does "meshugas" have a different meaning in Oz? I only know it as Yididsh sorf of meaning crazy.
Yeah, that's what I understand it to mean as well.

I have picked up some random Yiddish slang over the years from watching old Mel Brooks films and reading Mad Magazine. I learned that particular one from an ad-lib by Walter Matthau from the film 'Taking of Pelham 123'. He is explaining all the various crimes that a NYC Transit cop can expect to deal with in an average day and he just ad-libs a whole bunch of random stuff, even as he's walking out of frame he just keeps ad-libbing. It's always the bit the gives me the best laugh. :D

I could write it all here but... It's really only funny when it's coming out of Matthau.

Well you coulda said. I never scroll that far down on the main page. :p Happy day, retroactive.
I didn't want to make a big fuss.:blush: But thank you.:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTERE :cheers:
Thank you, too. :D

Last edited:
Apologies for the delay, Happy B-Day Austere, that entitles you to 2 day of drunkenness

25 today - quarter of an age :wheelchair:

Went carting :burnrubber: with some friends. It was the first time i did that and it was, I think, in the best top 3 things I have ever done - hope not the last.

:huh: :)

Last edited:
Thanks 47.

Yes it was really magnificent. The only 4 wheel racing experience I had was NFS on the PC, and no this. The adrenalin, the rush, the competitiveness, speed, the turns and strategy when You have to thing how to take the turn to loose as little time to get close to the guy in front and then how to overtake him - WOW! :D

Happy Birfday Pubic Public!! :cheers:

Happy Birthday Public :cheers: