Random Thoughts....

Oh my goodness! Sorry about your cat, but glad to know y'all are okay.

Thanks. She's fine now. I think it might have just been a coincidence with the dog next door, but who knows?!!

It was only Dad's phone taken in the end, but amazingly he had left his wallet under the newspaper right next to it, and his keys were there aswell.

I suppose they were trying to make as little noise as possible. I'm amazed none of us were woken up though, the state of the door. I never saw the lock, but there are scratches all over the door so they must have used a chisel or something. :blink:

I'm sorry to hear about it and I'm glad everyone's ok, but....

That's a pretty lame break-in. The phone should be able to be rendered useless fairly easily.

I realize it's a joke. That's not the problem. The problem is that the people that have a bad opinion about us are usually not the ones who would take that as a joke. And I hope you know some people confuse what's shown on TG with actual facts, right? I don't think you know how it is to go abroad and see the way people look at you when they hear you're Romanian and all they think of is thieves and horrible people.

Oh please. This is Top Gear. You want a factual show, look somewhere else. Not all Americans are fat, stupid hicks, either, but you don't hear us complaining about the American road trip, do you?

Oh please. This is Top Gear. You want a factual show, look somewhere else. Not all Americans are fat, stupid hicks, either, but you don't hear us complaining about the American road trip, do you?
Actually there was quite a bit of complaining. But anyway... ;)

Oh please. This is Top Gear. You want a factual show, look somewhere else.

I didn't say I wanted facts, just that some people take what they say for granted. And to go on the record, I re watched the Romania segment and it looks better now. And I'm getting tired of defending whatever someone thousands of kilometers away thinks about my country. I can't be bothered anymore.

Not all Americans are fat, stupid hicks, either, but you don't hear us complaining about the American road trip, do you?

Didn't that lack of complaints result in a very cut version of that particular episode in the States?

Scripting.....check
Too rushed.....check
Angry fist-shaking by a particular ethnicity or social group.....check

Seems like the episode had all the elements needed for a good one.

Just got back from the doctor. Went to get cough syrup for this stupid cough I have that won't go away and found out I probably had swine flu instead of a cold last week.

And you know... it really wasn't that bad. The worst of it is this infection that's settled in my lungs and won't let me breathe, but now I have drugs for that. So yeah, media hype > reality, it would seem.

I just upgraded to Win 7 on the desktop. I'd rather not talk about why, I'll just say that I'm a dumbass (again).

edit: I would've done it sooner but you can't upgrade from Vista Home (premium) to 7 Pro without wiping the partition. It's really no biggy, just copy C over to D and reinstall everything again. I think that's the fourth or fifth time that computer's had the OS changed this year. Vista - 7 Beta - (not 100% sure about this one) Vista - new harddrives, Vista again - 7

Last edited:
I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD, BABY!

Yeah some of us are Asian looking :p :lol:

I think they did a pretty decent job of showing of Romania... sure it's a caricature but still... you can sorta see what's real and what's enhanced for comedic effect.

So are the new Pokemon games enough of a nostalgia trip or should I avoid soiling my memories of Gold and Silver?

Thanks. She's fine now. I think it might have just been a coincidence with the dog next door, but who knows?!!

* burglary details *

Got to be an idea to get a vet to check out your cat, query poison?
Probably nothing to it, but if there was something simple you could do now etc. :?

I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD, BABY!

Is it snowing and is the sierra running properly?

No, but I asked the cutest girl out and she said yes ;)

Had to be that. :lol:
Have a good date.:cool:

Got to be an idea to get a vet to check out your cat, query poison?
Probably nothing to it, but if there was something simple you could do now etc. :?

Mum's taking her to the vet tomorrow anyways for her shots, so she'll get a good checking over then. :)

She puked up a bit this morning, and she's been eating fine all day. So I think whatever it was, she's over the worst of it

Meh, a cat puking once doesn't concern me without any changes in behavior and appetite. Cats are pukey animals especially when you have a cross-eyed kitty who isn't very bright and likes to eat timothy hay. Seriously cat? You're not a guinea pig! Stop eating hay and puking on my bathmat!