Gran Turismo 5

It's missing the 40th Anniversary 4-door GT-R that hasn't shown up since GT2. :p

Lolwut?
Never heard of it!:lol:

Vaguely remember that...

Yes thers was a 4 door GT-R R33. It was made by autech and only 350 of them were made.

GT-R%204-door%20top.gif

And there aslo was a 4 door GT-R project called Nissan Stagea:

The Nissan Stagea commonly referred to as the Skyline wagon, when the 2.5 turbo is fitted, (although it is based on the similar C34 Laurel platform) is a station wagon originally produced by Nissan in 1996 as direct competition for the Subaru Legacy Touring wagon in the Japanese Domestic Market. The Stagea is related to the Nissan Avenir wagon as well.

WC34 Series 1 (1996 to late 1998) came in 2.0l and 2.5l turbo engine choices (all RB series engines). It also has 2WD and 4WD variants. The 4WD system is similar in operation to the Nissan Skyline GTR. Engine power ranges from 114 kW (153 hp) in the 2.0l to 172 kW (231 hp) in the 2.5l turbo. The Series 1 is only available in 4 speed auto. This model bears many similarities to the Series 3 R31 Skyline, this is mainly on the front of the vehicle with the headlights being the same shape only slightly larger, as well as the placement of the air dams and indicator lights being in the same position as on the R31 Skyline. This makes the car look as though it is the natural progression from the old Skyline model.

Stagea%20L%20Web.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Stagea

Last edited:
It looks...interesting.
I wonder how it feels to drive one of those.

:lol:
That is awesome and wrong at the same time!

Wrong in the sense that a chicken coop only has 2 doors, or it would be a chicken sedan. :mrgreen:
Seriously: it?s just the paradigm that sports cars always have 2 doors.

Oh god, not Skyline talk... :yucky:

Today's bit of news

In the latest issue of the Official UK PlayStation Magazine, Kazunori Yamauchi made yet another statement about the questionable status of Gran Turismo 5?s weather system:

?Night racing is going to be a part of GT5, but with things like dynamic weather, the choice is about whether it will improve the experience. The functionality is not a problem ? we?ve got the weather system done ? but if we are not sure about the quality of it, and how it improves the driving experience, we are not going to have it in the game.?
He has expressed concern with dynamic weather affecting the ?quality? of game for some time now, remarking that Polyphony Digital is simply ?experimenting? with such a feature. By confirming that its implementation is actually complete, he may have greater confidence the weather system will, ultimately, make the cut.

Yamauchi also made it clear that he has no intentions of sending GT5 out the door without all of its content and features:

?Let me be clear on this. There is a massive amount of content in this game, I don?t think there are many teams that put as much into a game as we can. The launch of the game isn?t a start, we are releasing a full game. Everything we want to put into the game is on the disc when it ships. Having said that, we do have a sizeable online team that will look after it once it?s launched.?
As you may or may not be aware, there is an ongoing ?debate? about updating games via the Internet. On one hand, it gives developers the opportunity to fix any bugs or problems after the game hits store shelves. On the other hand, they may be more likely to sell a game with known problems or with a lack of content just so they can meet a particular deadline. Fortunately ? and perhaps, unsurprisingly ? Yamauchi remains focused on quality.

One final comment, however, does cause concern:

?They?re spending less time with a single game and this is reflected in the design of GT Mode.?
Although see GT5?s ?GT Mode? surely won?t be as inconsequential as what we saw in GT PSP, this statement still makes those of us who enjoy the enduring challenge of GT games just a little bit uneasy.

They have weather finished, but aren't going to include it. . . that sounds like complete bullshit. A feature like that could blow Forza out of the water, no way.

It's unbelievable that if you change a few words on?still alive? it fits some of these news

Today's bit of news

Look at him still talking, when there's coding to do
When I look out there it makes me sad I'm not you
you've vehices to run, there is research to be done
for the people who are still alive

I think the deadline ship has sailed.....

.....several years ago.<_<

Now those points of data make a beautiful line
Never out of prolouge, not releasing on time

Gran Turismo 5 has been listed on Amazon.com for a long time now, but a very interesting new product was just added to Amazon?s French site: Gran Turismo 5 ?Edition Sp?ciale?. Although no other information is provided on the site, as you compare the regular version with the ?Special Edition?, you?ll notice prices of ?65.99 and ?74.95, respectively ? a 13% increase.

We first got wind (pun intended) that a ?premium? version of the game was in the works when our own insider, Amar212, hinted at it nearly 8 months ago. Pairing the news of Amazon?s ?Special Edition? listing with the three-disc GT5 box set we noticed in Polyphony Digital?s studio, it?s rather obvious what is going on here. However, the real question still remains ? what?s on those two additional discs to justify the price premium? Could it be the fabled track editor? All the video from Gran Turismo TV? Time, as always, will tell? Thanks to Quency for sending this in!

Before anyone gets excited about the March 31 release date listed on the French Amazon site, let me be first to remind you how wildly inaccurate retailer?s release dates are.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-special-edition-on-amazon

Amen, brother.