The Gun thread

That's some badass shotgun. :blink:

Fuck yeah Soviet Union!

Did I mention the 20 round drum magazine? :p

I really, really, really dislike zombies. Both the (hopefully fictional) undead kind and the 'idiot rioter crowd attempting to burn down my residence with me inside' kind.

Been there, done that. Shotguns are called 'riot guns' for a reason.

On a lighter note, it really freaks out the skeet shooters when you show up at the traps with one of those. Never mind that it's just as good at skeet as any of their tube-fed or over-under guns. :D

Last edited:
That's even better than 100 round AK drum clip!

Can foreigners buy weapons in your country, or are you a bunch of...commies?
If you could I would go all Spectre with old Jaguars and semi-auto assault weapons (because full auto is useless that's why). :lol:

That's even better than 100 round AK drum clip!

Can foreigners buy weapons in your country, or are you a bunch of...commies?
If you could I would go all Spectre with old Jaguars and semi-auto assault weapons (because full auto is useless that's why). :lol:

Most of the neat Saiga accessories, add-ons and upgrades were actually dreamed up by Americans. The Russians said that their 8 round factory magazines were the biggest they'd been able to make work reliably... then some Americans came out with 10 rounders - later 12 rounders. The Russians said they'd not been able to make a drum design work... so not just one but two Americans came up with separate drum designs. :D You get the idea.

Anyway, if you are in the US legally and possess a 'green card' or similar visa, you may legally buy and possess firearms provided you are not under any other restriction. Per the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (which should really be a department store but instead is a government agency):

(R7) I have a "green card" and have lived in Texas for several years. Am I prohibited from purchasing firearms and ammunition from an FFL in Texas?

As long as you are not otherwise prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms and ammunition (for example, a felon), Federal law does not prohibit you from purchasing or possessing firearms or ammunition. However, you will need to put your alien number or admission number on the Form 4473 and provide the FFL with documentation establishing you have resided in Texas for more than 90 consecutive days preceding the transaction. Moreover, you must make sure there are no State or local restrictions on such a purchase.

Some states have additional restrictions; the BATFE used Texas as an example because we do not have any restrictions above the Federal ones. For example, you couldn't buy anything with a detachable magazine in California. Well, you couldn't buy anything in California, come to think of it. :p

Last edited:
Awesome, a gun thread. I just recently joined and I'm poking around at the moment.

3033372668_fb9beb6b0c.jpg

And I live in California, and our gun laws suck.

Nice PPSh-41 - is it yours, then?

Let me guess, it's an Allied Armament or TNW gun? Must really suck to be limited to 10 rounds....

Last edited:
My friend is a Taiwanese native with a greencard/student visa (just got his US citizenship 2 weeks ago) and he was able to buy guns with magazines he had subscriptions to (to prove he bad been here for at least 2 months) Although they have disallowed that since. I think you have to have a few months worth of bills in your name now.

I'm thinking about getting a tapco polymer black stock for my tantal. Are they reasonably good quality spectre? I am going to get the top mounted (above dust cover, but not mounted to it) rail for my red dot, then just leave the rest as-is.

Tapco is decent stuff. Not always up to the rigors of actual military service, but often it is and even if its not it works out well for most people. Well priced, too. I have their three rail forend and pistol grip on my Saiga and will be purchasing their FAL grip shortly.

If you want to see how the Tapco Intrafuse stock works on an AK, you can come over and check out my rig, as my setup is pretty much the Intrafuse setup.

Intrafuse stock?

Nice PPSh-41 - is it yours, then?

Let me guess, it's an Allied Armament or TNW gun? Must really suck to be limited to 10 rounds....

It's a Allied Armament one. Runs pretty good though I haven't shot it in a long time.

Also the limited 10 round magazines suck as well. :/ I use cut down 10 round magazines from AA.

Intrafuse stock?

Tapco offers three options for AK-type weapons.

Tapco 'Original' Type (patterned after the original Bulgarian stock):
show_image.aspx

Tapco Folding Type (patterned after the Galil's sidefolder):
show_image.aspx

Tapco T6/Intrafuse Type (patterned after the CAR-15/M-4 stock):
show_image.aspx

You may have to reload the page a few times to get the images to load, Tapco's web server is wonky.

Last edited:
I don?t know if it?s the best, but the third one is the best looking.

Forgot - there are a couple of stinkers in Tapco's AK lineup. Avoid the Galil-style handguard, it tends to melt or break because they forgot to put a heat shield inside it. Also, avoid the side-folding buttstock because some of them are loose and wobble depending on the production run; and the others are just made of plastic instead of the usual polymer - which will sometimes crack. The rest of their AK products are pretty solid and I like the SAW grip.

Also, I was wrong about your lower handguard - it's not an old Tapco, it's a K-Var styled after the Bulgarian one.

Last edited:
Today I shot 278 points out of 300 with my .22 GSP, highest I've ever shot, have done 277 twice and 275, but more importantly I beat my bf :mrgreen:

Good work!

Your boyfriend might not be so amused, though. :D

He wasn't, but the others found it quite amusing, and it's not the first time I beat him ^_^

Congrats!
Any pictures of the targets?

Forgot - there are a couple of stinkers in Tapco's AK lineup. Avoid the Galil-style handguard, it tends to melt or break because they forgot to put a heat shield inside it. Also, avoid the side-folding buttstock because some of them are loose and wobble depending on the production run; and the others are just made of plastic instead of the usual polymer - which will sometimes crack. The rest of their AK products are pretty solid and I like the SAW grip.

Also, I was wrong about your lower handguard - it's not an old Tapco, it's a K-Var styled after the Bulgarian one.

I put the original Tantal lower handgaurd on it for the time being. I think I'm going with the original style Ak stock in black polymer. The upper/lower handgaurds are already two separate colors, so I think black would match the rest of the gun better.

Pistol:
Taurus PT1911 5"
.45 ACP

Revolver:
S&W Performance Center 327 5"
.357 Magnum

Rifle:
Taurus Thunderbolt 26"
.357 Magnum

I'll try to toss up some pics after work.

Last edited: