How can I make my v6 camaro faster (2010)

Okay, lots of people bashing this poor guy, I don't think that's cool, he came in here asking a straighforward question and everyone jumps on him.

So he has a V6 Camaro, and is under 20. This means
1. He can't afford a V8 from the showroom, and
2. Insurance will rape his ass harder than a 300 lb inmate named 'tiny'.

Anyhow, since the LLT motor that OP has is basically a Direct Injected version of the LY7 Alloytec found in late model Commodores and G8s, you may want to turn to the Aussies for Go-fast goodies.

Things I know for sure:

Intake and Exhaust manifold bolt patterns are the same (headers and intake anyone?)

Headbolt patterns are the same

LLT has oil squirters to cool the pistons, LY7 does not.

LY7 ECU is not compatible.

Seriously, OP, just look for Alloytec stuff, most of it should fit, but ask around before ordering.

So you're going to void a warranty on a brand new car? Dont do it man. Wait til the car is out of warranty before you start making serious mods.

Okay, lots of people bashing this poor guy, I don't think that's cool, he came in here asking a straighforward question and everyone jumps on him.

I have to agree here. So what if it's a V6? You bash him for not getting a V8... and if he did? Everyone would be on him saying "YOUZ GUNNA CRASH!". or "I DON'T THINK YOUR CAR IS REAL"

Does nothing please the beast known as forums dot finalgear dot com?

I friend of mine just bought a 99 Corvette with 126k miles for $10600

I should clarify. C5s with low enough mileage that you would actually want to own them aren't that cheap yet. :D (I do contract IT for a Corvette specialty dealer.)

Wait a sec - if he just got it, he can take it back to GM for a full refund. :D

Been driving a infiniti m45x since I was 15 and 8 months, I got some experiance with fast cars. Yeah but I want the speed now, while I got the money, before I spend it on something stupid.

:idiot: Or you could be smart with your money and save it for college/something useful.

http://www.americancarimports.com/_0004_cyber_gray_metallic.jpg theres a stock pic of my color and model (it says rs on the grille not ss)

As for my car I dont have any pics handy, just got into car forums today ill borrow my friends camera and upload some pics tomorrow or saturday.

Thank you for a stock photo of a Camaro :lol:.

Dude, why do all this shit to gain a few more seconds? I'm just not getting it.

Seems to me you got the Camaro over other cars for showboating purposes.
I'm set with my '01 Avalon. It won't kill me.

Mainly looking to increase 0-60 time. I hear that its not the hp thats making it 6 seconds, its that it doesnt have enough torque. What do you suggest I do to make it faster? .Thanks.

Specific questions as these are well covered on model specific forum. Camaro5.com is a very active community, here's the top thread that summarize alot of V6 power upgrade options:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16893

Good luck in your endeavor and post some pics on here! :cool:

Last edited:
If you wanted to go fast, why on earth did you buy a V6 Camaro?

Either sell it and buy something else, live with it, or live with it and buy a motorcycle.

This. :lol:

0-60 in 6 seconds should be plenty. Hell the fasted car I owned until my MG did that.

According to the guy who rebuilt the engine it will do 175hp at the flywheel.

Damn, that's near 200 hp/ton

Sell the Camaro, combine cash earned with your $5k budget and buy a V8 Camaro. Problem solved.

..... maybe some direct-port nitrous.

Don't forget the standalone fuel management fuel system. Not a bad way to spend ten thousand dollars. Sorry, someone had to :p

I demand pics of the Camaro please.

I have to agree here. So what if it's a V6? You bash him for not getting a V8... and if he did? Everyone would be on him saying "YOUZ GUNNA CRASH!". or "I DON'T THINK YOUR CAR IS REAL"

Does nothing please the beast known as forums dot finalgear dot com?

exactly...you can never have a nice car on FG if you are young. Some people are just more privileged then others...there is no reason you should hate on someone because they are more fortunate than you are.

that being said I still wanna see pics or it didn't happen:p

What should I do to improve my official 0-60 figure of 17 seconds? :lol:

...yes I know, bolt on another 3 cylinders to make a V6...

Or remove all the cylinders. :p

exactly...you can never have a nice car on FG if you are young. Some people are just more privileged then others...there is no reason you should hate on someone because they are more fortunate than you are.

that being said I still wanna see pics or it didn't happen:p

I don't think the majority of the people here have a problem with a 17 year old owning a 2010 Camaro. The problem lies here....
Yeah but I want the speed now, while I got the money, before I spend it on something stupid.

Privileged or not, turning a Camaro is unnecessary for a 17 year old.