Team Schrick Reloaded, Ep02 work thread

Suedschleife

Subtitling God
Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium, Germania
Team Schrick Reloaded (Season 2) Episode 2, 10. November 2009

The last chance

The start of the VLN-race, a chance for for Team Schrick to finally score an endurance race victory, is relentlessly closing in. It's the last chance to make up for their early exit at the 24 Hours N?rburgring. But they have to put out many fires to get the reconstructed Aston Martin race-ready,: the cooling system, the rear wing and the custom transmission from England. Thanks to painstaking fault analysis and support from other motorsport experts, Team Schrick manages to implement crucial improvements on the Aston Martin.

But will there be sufficient time for test drives and tuning the setup? How do the drivers Tim Schrick nd J?rg van Ommen handle the pressure not to fail again? The thrilling race outcome on Team Schrick Reloaded, the last chance.

Episode status:
Translation stage: complete
Proof reading: complete
Timing stage: complete
QA stage: skipped
Release: released

Segment1 00:00-10:00 Translation Status: complete Translator: Suedschleife
Segment2 10:01-20:00 Translation Status: complete Translator: Suedschleife
Segment3 20:01-30:00 Translation Status: complete Translator: Suedschleife
Segment4 30:01-40:00 Translation Status: complete Translator: Psirus
Segment5 40:01-47:00 Translation Status: complete Translator: Psirus

Last edited:
I'm up for some proof reading now all my exams are over... tried looking on last time's FTP, but could only find Episode 1 files?

in.s@ne

First, big thanks to Suedschleife and to rest of the Team Schrick subtitling team. Have watched 1st season and waiting patiently for Reloaded episodes.

Also I wanted to mention about the ability to automatically transcribe videos using Youtube for that (Google launched that service this week). Maybe it helps to speed up subtitling process.
This is how it works:
you upload the video to YT (and make private in your case);
then you upload text transcription of the words that being said in the video as a raw text;
Google works it's magic and autoaligns text with spoken audio;
after that you can download captions with accurate timecodes as a sbv file.
File contents looks like this:

0:00:00.260,0:00:01.689
Hello

0:00:01.689,0:00:02.120
Good morning

Blog post about that: Automatic captions in YouTube.

Last edited:
First, big thanks to Suedschleife and to rest of the Team Schrick subtitling team. Have watched 1st season and waiting patiently for Reloaded episodes.

Also I wanted to mention about the ability to automatically transcribe videos using Youtube for that (Google launched that service this week). Maybe it helps to speed up subtitling process.
This is how it works:
you upload the video to YT (and make private in your case);
then you upload text transcription of the words that being said in the video as a raw text;
Google works it's magic and autoaligns text with spoken audio;
after that you can download captions with accurate timecodes as a sbv file.
File contents looks like this:

0:00:00.260,0:00:01.689
Hello

0:00:01.689,0:00:02.120
Good morning

Blog post about that: Automatic captions in YouTube.

Thanks. I don't think it'd speed us up any :p, creating a German language transcription would take far longer than timing does. I guess it's handy for programmes that are broadcast with (accurate) closed caption.