Random Thoughts....

There are mysterious things about women that are best left mysterious - what is with all the shoes and handbags for instance?

I have 1 (one) handbag, seriously, I bought it on vacation in 2005, before that I didn't have a handbag, and I usually have to dust it of when I have to use it as it's pretty rarely.

I hate history. I have NO idea what is going on here.
( pg 61-69 )
What is a cuyuc. I tried looking it up and I got the damn book the excerpt is from and nothing else!

So, I'm not a console player. Only console I ever had was a Sega Genesis which was epic.

I'm more of a PC gamer, but anyway.

We have a wii system here in the hospital because they do cognition and motor function tests (especially on more senior people).

Now, before you all gasp in horror, I've never played the wii. I had no idea about it.

My friend/co-worker buddy here decided we should just play since it's friday and work is slow. He loads up bowling on the wii, and he makes this like ugly ass version of mii.

And then came the ass kicking. I got a series of 6 strikes in a row, and he kept missing and getting like 6 or 7 at any time. My final score was 226, and his was 150.

I was like "that was fun". You shoulda seen the look on his face. He was like "are you sure you've never played wii before".

:devil:

I hate history. I have NO idea what is going on here.
( pg 61-69 )
What is a cuyuc. I tried looking it up and I got the damn book the excerpt is from and nothing else!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Güyük_Khan

Back then people couldn't agree how to translate Asian names into the Roman alphabet, so they did whatever they felt was right. Google led me to this line from The Mongol Mission:
The first, namely Occodai Chan, had the following sons: the eldest is Cuyuc, who is the present Emperor...

"Occodai Chan" is better known as Ogedei Khan, the eldest son and successor of Genghis Khan. Trivia like this is why I love history.

Last edited:
Couldn't the history book have had a little subnote telling me that? D:<

That's not a "history book", that's a collection of letters from the original travelers. It's college, you're supposed to find things out on your own (or ask for help on internet forums, apparently) rather than get it handed to you on a platter.

No, it is a history book. The text book has an excerpt of that. I'd also mention this is supposed to be the introductory history class with zero prerequisites not some advanced one where you are expected to know things.

No, it is a history book. The text book has an excerpt of that. I'd also mention this is supposed to be the introductory history class with zero prerequisites not some advanced one where you are expected to know things.

Eh, most intro history books tend to be pretty thin on info anyway. You just have to figure out and practice how to look for things. Google (and your school library) are your friends.

You see, here lies the issue. I am supposed to base the whole essay on what is in this book and NOT research other things.

I actually think the thing I miss most about college is the subscription to JSTOR:lol:

I think I understand why japan has a suicide forest right now. :cry: I am going to fail this class and I can't do anything about it.

I am away until Wednesday due to a death in the family. I will have my email+phone, but no laptop. If something fails, contact Viper007Bond or PacketCollision.

From honduras, my most sincere condolences

handbags are much more sane than attempted murder.
No they aren't

Believe it or not the romance novels I read DO have explosions and car chases. Also all the cars are awesome and cutting their breaks would result in more murdering than usual.

Awesome car *car explodes
Awesome sex *couple explodes

Couldn't the history book have had a little subnote telling me that? D:<

Well, at least it's not philosophy

I actually think the thing I miss most about college is the subscription to JSTOR:lol:

Damn, now that you mention it, I miss it too. Hmm, I think my old grad school login still works...

JSTOR = <3

NO NO NO. The HOUSE explodes then the demon comes and you get in the car and have a car chase away and then there is sex.

I won!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43dgFqvtupM[/YOUTUBE]