New muse track!!!

come on, i did 12 hour of driving from quebec to washington dc to go see 40 min of muse doing the first of u2, we left after 2-3 song of u2 and it has worth every penny we spent on that trip and also the 2 day of school we missed.

Yeah, but she's a fan too and we have a verbal agreement to see them for the 1st time together.

(But she's not the best fan- she forgot that it had come out until I asked her about what she thought of it...2 weeks ago. In fairness, we had been having a spat until mid-October.)

For those that care, their tour seems to be improving. They have just played MK Ultra live for the first time. Last night they played their drum and bass riff with bagpipes as they were in Glasgow. Awesome.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhG4ZqeQHiE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

Just got home after seeing Muse at the O2. Fuck me they were epic.

The setlist for tonight:
1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. New Born
4. Map of the Problematique
5. Supermassive Black Hole
6. MK Ultra
7. Hysteria (w/ Interlude intro)
8. United States Of Eurasia (w/ Nishe intro)
9. Cave (Piano version)
10. Guiding Light
11. Undisclosed Desires (w/ Drum and Bass 'Helsinki' Jam intro)
12. Starlight
13. Plug In Baby
14. Time Is Running Out
15. Unnatural Selection
ENCORE
16. Exogenesis Part 1: Overture
17. Stockholm Syndrome
18. Knights Of Cydonia (w/ Man With A Harmonica intro)

That was the second time they've ever played MK Ultra live (they didn't play it last night at the O2). And it was incredible.

However one of the most amazing things about this gig - the show. Muse really have not forgotten how to put on a show - the lights, graphics and stage set were amazing, and worked in harmony to make it feel dark whilst light and close whilst huge.

If you get the chance - go. Just please don't remain seated throughout the whole gig like a large proportion of the upper tier did - that is retarded.

I'll have pictures tomorrow (today) evening, once I'm home from work. As for now, have a good evening.

Dave, Final Gear Muse correspondent, signing out from his fourth Muse gig. Good stuff.

The band may aweson (which they are btw) be but the O2 sucks! Try the old rainbow or the Hammersmith Odeon and see what I mean - er are they closed now - mr very old person?

What was specifically bad about the O2? I thought it was pretty nice.

Just found out that the show in Oakland, CA is sold out so I won't be going. I'll just have to wait until they come to the US as part of their planned tour in the Spring.

It's no big deal really- I realized today that I probably can't afford the trip anyway.

^ Shame. Its really great living so close to London - so for me traveling costs to pretty much anywhere in London is ?7.65.

Which means I've got tickets for the Saturday 11th September Wembley Stadium gig. Can't wait :p

saw muse at "Rock am Ring" festival in 2007 and i really enjoyed it. most impressive show of the weekend IMO, although my friends weren't quite as impressed.
also: i do like the new album very much :p

^ Shame. Its really great living so close to London - so for me traveling costs to pretty much anywhere in London is ?7.65.

Which means I've got tickets for the Saturday 11th September Wembley Stadium gig. Can't wait :p

how much ?? if i can afford it, sod off school, i have to go see that.

Tickets are about ?50 each (inc. fees etc).

I think they did have hospitality (inc. hotel room etc) packages on sale for Wembley - but now only for the Manchester gigs. Add to that I'm not sure which tickets are actually on sale - SeeTickets (who run that website) have a reputation for having things 'to buy', then it'll just give you an error message when you try and pay.

Linky

To me, it's amazing that for the second time in 3-4 years, Muse will be doing 2 nights at Wembley. Am I wrong in saying that the only other bands that could do that are bands like U2 and the Rolling Stones? I'm sure I'm omitting a band or 2, but those are the bands that come to mind first when talking about big stadium shows.

Muse are one of (if not the) live band of now IMO. They certainly are not one of these cheap tat bands who have a million backing vocalists/musicians. Its a massive stage, the three guys and one more (on synths) hidden somewhere on stage. Which is fine, and better than many others, too, as its not all backing tracks.

And for those interested - they've just announced three more stadium tour dates.

8th June - San Siro Stadium (Milan)
12th June - Stade de France (Paris)
19th June - Goffertpark (Nijmegen - Dutchland for those who don't know it)

If you're near. Get closer.

Linky

Oh and if you want to get (pretty much) guaranteed tickets - I think you should sign up to muse.mu. They gave us all a code for the presale. Standing for Wembley? We got 16 easy.

US shows announced in early 2010. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday if you sign up for muse.mu.

27th February 2010 - Gwinnett Center, Atlanta, GA
1st March 2010 - Patriot Center, Fairfax, VA
5th March 2010 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
6th March 2010 - TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA
13th March 2010 - Palace Of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI
5th April 2010 - The E Center, Salt Lake City, UT

http://muse.mu/news/article/561/6-us-shows-announced-for-2010/

Go. You won't regret it.

US shows announced in early 2010. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday if you sign up for muse.mu.

27th February 2010 - Gwinnett Center, Atlanta, GA
1st March 2010 - Patriot Center, Fairfax, VA
5th March 2010 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
6th March 2010 - TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA
13th March 2010 - Palace Of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI
5th April 2010 - The E Center, Salt Lake City, UT

http://muse.mu/news/article/561/6-us-shows-announced-for-2010/

Go. You won't regret it.

There's more dates to come though. We'll probably hear of more dates after this week with the band performing along the west coast (Oakland, CA; Vegas, L.A., and Seattle) and their appearance on Saturday Night Live on the 19th.

Muse is coming in march! Hell yes!

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

Silversun Pickups AND Muse?

Oh my Lord.

14 more dates have been added:

2nd March 2010 - Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - Tuesday pre-sale
8th March 2010 - Air Canada Center, Toronto - Tuesday pre-sale
10th March 2010 - Bell Centre, Montreal - Tuesday pre-sale
12th March 2010 - United Center, Chicago - Thursday pre-sale
15th March 2010 - Sommet Center, Nashville - Tuesday pre-sale
17th March 2010 - Fort Worth Convention Center, Dallas - Tuesday pre-sale
18th March 2010 - Toyota Center, Houston - Tuesday pre-sale
29th March 2010 - Rexall Place, Edmonton - Tuesday pre-sale
30th March 2010 - Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary - Tuesday pre-sale