Am I in the wrong here? People on Autoblog Love Buicks. WTF.

I must say, I don't think I've ever seen much (if any) real love for Buick from the rest of FG community till now. Seeing it now brings a tear to my eye. :cry:

Buick made some great, awesome, magnificent cars in their day. Then like....well, ALL of GM they faded into something not so good. Seems now Cadillac and Buick are leading the charge with vehicles that appeal car owners who ran away from GM ten years ago. You look at both and you think, "damn...that's a GM?"

Myself, I suppose I am partial to Buick; I am Lutheran and a Midwesterner. ;)

But in the past 20 years, what have they offered? I am not saying ALL buicks are bad, I'm saying anything made recently, with the exception of the riviera 3800 supercharged (my dad has one, it's pretty interesting), what the hell have they made?

So the G body Park Avenue Ultra's and W body Regal GS' were garbage as well? This despite sharing the same engine and tranny, and in the case of the PAU the same platform as well. As several community members can attest to, my Buick isn't soft, handles very well, and is anything but slow.

2008 Buick Lacrosse Super
112_2007_new_york_auto_show_03z+2008_buick_lacrosse_super+engine.jpg

2008-buick-lacrosse-super-3_460x0w.jpg

Because stealthy 300hp V8 sedans are seriously uncool.
Also it's quiet, comfortable and handles suprisingly well (far better than the Grand Prix GXP, Impala SS or Monte Carlo SS btw for various reasons) plus it sounds badass.

Also it's quiet, comfortable and handles suprisingly well (far better than the Grand Prix GXP, Impala SS or Monte Carlo SS btw for various reasons) plus it sounds badass.

Uhh... what? I don't think the Grand Prix et al are very good benchmarks. I guess its all relative, sure, but I wouldn't say that a lacrosse handles "well"

GruvDesign, how come you didn't put "SVX" under the cars you own? :think:

Last edited:
Ok, beat this.

p135202_large+Showboat_Buick_Nailhead_Powered_Dragster+Front_View.jpg

That's FOUR 401 (I think they're 401's) Nailheads working together.

This guy got himself banned in a mere 26 posts? Impressive.

And Buicks do suck badly.

popcorn-1.gif

If my 'Next car' position were not already spoken for, this would be a contender.