Military defending filming with TG

I loved all the episodes where they play around with the MoD

lets face it the Ford Fiesta was effectively "Made" when they did that "test" with it and drove it from a Landing Craft

and who can forget when they did the Jaguar appearing in a Hercules and landing on a beach.

or the Apache!!!

or the tank

or the other one when they shot that drug dealers EVO

or when they used a MoD site to do the Top Gear Space Shuttle

OR when Stig 1 died driving off an aircraft carrier! :lol:

I think this quote from Yes Prime Minister sums it up :D

Jim: I know exactly who reads the papers.
The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.
The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
The Times is read by people who actually do run the country.
The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
The Financial Times is read by people who own the country.
The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country.
The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about people who read the Sun.
Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country as long as she's got big :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I loved all the episodes where they play around with the MoD

lets face it the Ford Fiesta was effectively "Made" when they did that "test" with it and drove it from a Landing Craft

and who can forget when they did the Jaguar appearing in a Hercules and landing on a beach.

or the Apache!!!

or the tank

or the other one when they shot that drug dealers EVO

or when they used a MoD site to do the Top Gear Space Shuttle

OR when Stig 1 died driving off a aircraft carrier! :lol:

I think this quote from Yes Prime Minister sums it up :D

Jim: I know exactly who reads the papers.
The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.
The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
The Times is read by people who actually do run the country.
The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
The Financial Times is read by people who own the country.
The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country.
The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about people who read the Sun.
Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country as long as she's got big :mrgreen:

:+1: for the yes prime minister quote. one of the best british comedies and because its right on the mark.

Clarkson's comment in today's Sun

OVER the years, Top Gear has made films featuring HMS Ark Royal, a Eurofighter and a tank.

This has been a win-win deal. We get films with lots of juicy hardware and, so I'm told by MoD chiefs, it helps with recruitment.

But a snot-nosed busy body used the Freedom Of Information Act to demand to know how much time it takes to set all this up. And the answer, apparently, over the last six years, is 140 days.

Various papers call this a "waste". If you want to ask real questions about waste in the MoD, ask what HMS Gloucester, a type 42 destroyer, is doing in the South Atlantic right now.

Actually we already know. It's doing research into global warming.

^^Go Jezza!!!:thumbsup:

I for one don't care. Absolutely love it when they take the mickey out of something, because i know... and you know... that it's an entertainment show.

As long as it's not too offensive that results in a fatwa, etc etc, fine by me.

How about, instead of complaining with regards to some silly TV show, you write to your Ministry of Defense to request, nay, demand more funding for helicopters, MRAPS, and other types of equipment that the UK soldiers fighting on the ground in Helmand Province are desperately in short hand of.

How about, instead of complaining with regards to some silly TV show, you write to your Ministry of Defense to request, nay, demand more funding for helicopters, MRAPS, and other types of equipment that the UK soldiers fighting on the ground in Helmand Province are desperately in short hand of.

Probably because the newspapers don't care. All they care about is selling papers and they know nothing sells better at the moment than stories about anti-BBC, anti-Top Gear and anything revolving around the Army not being capable of doing its job.
Its not the events they're reporting but their view on the events. More than likely they won't care if it does more harm than good. Because as long as they are making money out of it and people buy their papers, they probably don't give a shit about anything.
Quite frankly i'd like to see them being dropped off in Helmand Province and see how well they do if they think they're the experts and know-it-alls.

The Telegraph is just trying to sell papers and stir up drama.

Holy fuck! Why would they do that?

Also +MoD. My mum works for the MoD (as an administrator - not a spy or something :lol:).

Last edited: