No 56k: Best interiors out there?

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/11/21/0708_mufp_06_z_1969_mustang_boss302_interior.jpg

On another note. Oldschool manual shifters look so much cooler than now ones. What ever happened to the floor shifter? They don't even use them in trucks anymore. Super lame!

On another note. Oldschool manual shifters look so much cooler than now ones. What ever happened to the floor shifter? They don't even use them in trucks anymore. Super lame!

Center consoles for our spoiled drivers so they have a place to set their cellphones, coffee, and other assorted distractions. Can't have a floor shifter when there's a console blocking the floor.

I have never thought of taking pictures of my car's interior, but here is what it looks like:
Volvo850_dash.jpg

Boxy, functional, and yet not as boxy as 80's GM interiors.

No faux wood?

Was that era of Mustang ever RHD? It looks like you'd need two unique panels total to switch sides (glove compartment, driver's side steering column, just to switch what side the vents are on), so they were clearly designing the interior with that in mind.

I'm a fan of the newest Mustang's interior. Far better than previous models in terms of design and quality:
0811_16_a+2010_ford_mustang+interior_view.jpg

Alfa Romeo 159/Brera:
60-6-800.jpg

Mazda RX8:
0801_10_a+2009_mazda_rX-8+interior_view.jpg

Miata:
ag_07miata_interior.jpg

Caved because it was probably cheaper to duplicate the shape from the drivers side over there, and it's visually balanced. It's actually made of a dense foam, so it's not solid metal, but it wouldn't be pleasant in a crash for sure- hopefully that's why you're wearing a seatbelt. There were optional trim packages that included woodgrain and a clock in the hollow as well. In fact, that panel is easily swapped out for a couple different panels that have the woodgrain and clock, and you could probably get away with installing a gauge cluster there too since it's the same shape. :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/11/21/1969-mustang-mach-1-original-dashboard-2.jpg

I love this kind of simmetrical interiors.

Also, is it just me or do the most recent models have ginormous bulky dashboards? I love the 80's and 90's dashboards, like the ones from Rover, where the dashboard was caved on the top so you could put stuff there, like your wallet or cellphone:

Front%20Interior.jpg

lr2a-interior.JPG

/Thread.

And I really like the E46's interior, much more then the newer E90

E46M3interior.jpg

Yep, E90s/92s look kinda cheap and gawdy nowadays.

Center consoles for our spoiled drivers so they have a place to set their cellphones, coffee, and other assorted distractions. Can't have a floor shifter when there's a console blocking the floor.

It's a nice feature, that way you have an arm rest to rest your elbow while you are cruising on the highway.

As you can see from the first post, my car doesn't have an arm rest OR cup holders, I want to fiberglass a console extension upwards.

I'm a fan of the newest Mustang's interior. Far better than previous models in terms of design and quality:
0811_16_a+2010_ford_mustang+interior_view.jpg

*tilts head* still more options for daily drivers at 30k brand new (GT, I wouldn't get the v6)... I would get the Mk6 GTI over that.

It's a nice feature, that way you have an arm rest to rest your elbow while you are cruising on the highway

Well, in a classic muscle car, you don't need an arm rest because your left arm is out the window or holding the roof and the right hand is driving. :D

237708d1248142460-wts-proton-savvy-2005-m-selling-below-market-value-interior.jpg

The interior of the car that I drive, the Proton Savvy. Not my car, my driving instructors (with grey interior rather than cream), can't say I'm amazed at it in anyway, I have seen worse though.

As far as interiors go I always thought the little Triumph 1300fwd was pleasant, especialy for its price tag when new. And a nice one can be picked up now for under ?1500. I like the real wood, comfortable seats and classy instrument cluster, I'd even to as far to say I prefer it to the far more expensive Rover P5.
EurofestCastleCoobe060908009.jpg

Best I've ever been in was a 95 Jag XJR6 - which I wanted to buy on the spot and was going to until the bastards said they wanted 3x market price for it.

I *WILL* own one. SOON.

ds21_pallas_interior.jpg

Not the greatest picture but I've always liked the Citroen DS interior. Between the mirror, the single spoke steering wheel, the ultra comfy chairs and the mushroom cap brake button thing they look classic but futuristic, classy but not showy.

Was that era of Mustang ever RHD? It looks like you'd need two unique panels total to switch sides (glove compartment, driver's side steering column, just to switch what side the vents are on), so they were clearly designing the interior with that in mind.

Yes, that was another aspect, thank you for bringing it up. Mustangs sold for export could be made easily into RHD. The conversion is still a somewhat simple process today, if you can find the parts- most of which will be available reproduction, some you'll have you pull from a parts car. In fact there are a decent number of class mustangs over in Euroland converted to RHD in the last few years.

Check out this post on the thread then.

And why exactly did cars stop looking like that? Seriously. The only thing in there that I can even think about taking issue with is the wooden bits on the steering wheel.

Worst evar:

1989 Plymouth Voyager SE Turbo.
Red plastic - FOR EVERYTHING. Cold all winter, hot all summer, hard and hollow all year round.

Most amusing:
1988 GMC Vandura 2500 conversion van.
The single biggest center console in the world - though the reason for this is that the engine sat between the front passengers. The transmission was going up and would occasionally make a nice whiney noise - it's strange to hear that coming from BEHIND YOU.

And why exactly did cars stop looking like that? Seriously. The only thing in there that I can even think about taking issue with is the wooden bits on the steering wheel.

ian4.jpg

He hates wood.

Last edited: