The best ever Clarkson,Hammond and May Quotes

Just remember that das bonnet ist nicht f?r die gefingerpoken! :mad:

:p

Just remember that das bonnet ist nicht f?r die gefingerpoken! :mad:

:p

I've said that at work to one of the guys about one of the machines!

BMW guy, in the T-shirt, handing over the Rolls-Royce convertible, with the stainless steel bonnet, to James.

Now where in the world is that
?You know when you watch too much Top Gear? Thread. :lol:

JC, about the Toyota Yaris Verso: "It looks like an ugly snake - that swallowed a wardrobe!" - I absolutely love pictorial humour like this, does anybody have more of that kind? :)

Not from TG, but it made my day:

"...a dog, for instance, is perfectly happy to spend all day sniffing bottoms, whereas I usually have enough after one or two"
JC

I think I'll have to go with some odd reason the episode 10x05 where Stig, May, Hammond and Clarkson raced between the most eastern and western points of London. At the beginning of the challenge Clarkson said something about May's sense of direction and speed. Sorry, cannot remember what the exact line was because I haven't got access to that specified episode at this time.

Sincererly yours
Tero Korhonen, Finland

Nope, it was brushed stainless steel. 10x03 ;)

The conversation in question wasn't when they tested the RR drophead, it was some time earlier when they had the 100EX 'concept' version of it in the studio. ;)
I absolutely can't remember which episode it was, but this article confirms that the bonnet on the concept was indeed aluminium! :p

A strong nautical theme runs throughout, with bleached teak decking featuring both inside and outside the car. Polished aluminium also features heavily, particularly on the bonnet and windscreen surround, while the composite body is finished in Dark Curzon.

The 100EX's bonnet was polished aluminum, but when it went into production as the Drophead Coup?, they went with stainless steel for easier maintenance.

James, during a discussion of MGs whose parts are going to be fabricated in China and then shipped to England to be put together into a car (I don't have the words exactly right; sorry):

"Yes, but you're forgetting that people the world over love traditional Blitish cars."

From the Botswana Special:

Jeremy shows the vice president of Botswana the three cars with which they want to cross the Makgadikgadi saltpans: "There they are!"
Vice president: "Oh really?"
Richard: "Yeah, exactly"
Vice president: "Well, that should be interesting..."
Richard: "You were smiling, you've just stopped..."

JM: "I get a fizzing sensation.....just behind my penis"
RH: "That's your prostate, mate, you've sat on the gearstick"
:rofl:

Last edited:
Jezza-!woW
James-!woW
Hammond-!woW