The Stargate Universe Thread

I'm on the fence. I watch it, and say "That wasn't that bad". Then I realize I just watched a Stargate Soap and feel a little gay.

Worst. Stargate. Spinoff. Ever.

Wrong!

Stargate-infinity.jpg

The problem with this episode and almost all of the episodes so far is that the show is not taking advantage of the scifi situation that they are in. They went through a stargate after being attacked by a space based civilization to arrive at a ancient ship built by an exotic culture. They have access to a stargate and smaller ships. And what does the show focus on, Earth based relationships and sex. What is the point of the scifi elements if you are not going to use them.

The problem with the Stones is that they are established Stargate cannon, from SG1 and Atlantis. You can't just jump ship on Ancient tech. I'm hoping they get destroyed some how.

This series is so disappointing. :( If it doesn't get good by the end of this season I'll just stop watching.

The problem with the Stones is that they are established Stargate cannon, from SG1 and Atlantis. You can't just jump ship on Ancient tech. I'm hoping they get destroyed some how.

Sure, they're established tech.

That didn't mean they had to be *conveniently* brought along. Nor does that mean they're invincible. I live in hope.

Makers of Stargate Universe, if I wanted to watch this soap opera foolishness I would be watching Battlestar Galactica.

Indeed. Battlestar Galactica was dull much of the time but there was some action. At this point Universe hasn't even had the action to disrupt the dull story.

Indeed. Battlestar Galactica was dull much of the time but there was some action. At this point Universe hasn't even had the action to disrupt the dull story.

BSG at least had the advantage of having a number of cast within its ensemble who could actually act (Edward James Olmos), even if watching an episode made you want to slit your wrists afterwards. SGU has a crying Ming Na and frickin' teenage love triangles, with the high point being the woefully underutilized Robert Carlyle.

I totally get that the writers wanted to ditch the old action-based, kind of quirky SG show for a new format, but failed to supplant it with anything worthwhile.

Whoever thought the stones were a good plot device can fuck off.

what he said

Yiffing hell, the brief when they announced the series said that they would be taking advantage of the stargate and exploring new worlds. LIES.

Although... back on the stones, Young is getting more and more pissed off at them and Telford every episode so... we can only hope

edit:I just read the summary for the next episode on the wikipedia and,
well, sounds like he killed Telford at the end of the last episode. I thought he was just beat up, not dead... we can has cease communications with earth nao?
summaries are on the episode list

Last edited:

BSG may have been chock full of drama but it was really well written (and acted), plus it was paced well. SGU is not really that well written, at least not written well enough to save the acting and the pacing. It's kind of a mess if you ask me, but not a complete one.

from what i've seen of the show so far i really can't see how it deserves a second season. If anything they should possibly do what was done to Star Trek. Cancel the series and wait a few years and then come back with something with a lot more punch than this.

I rarely post here these days but I thought maybe you guys wanna hear my opinion.
SGU is shit.

The only ways to better the series:
1. As has been said before, make Eli eat the stones.
2. Kill the chinese lesbian burecraut chick. Kill her now, Woolzey was the best IOA representant. The actor could act and the character was torn in half occasionally about the IOAs decisions
3. Kill the brunette who is fucking the young lutenant. Let her follow her fathers footsteps and die for the good of others and the show. No more "Rodney McKays" please.
4. No more love drama. Kill that too.
5. ...more gate travel please.
6 MAKE ELI EAT THE STONES!!
7. More explosions.

If we don't have action in a couple of episodes, I'm not going to waste my time on this "The Bold and The Beautiful in space edition"
Way to completely fuck up a good sci-fi franchise...

The series is approaching the season middle and so far NOTHING AS HAPPENED. Sure they ran into some flying sand... ran out of a bit of water... are trapped on an beaten up ancient ship, but are not exploring it. They have used the gate 3 times in 9eps... and WHAT THE HELL HAPENED BETWEEN EPISODES 8 AND 9?! Episode 8 was by far the best so far, that's not a compliment... the episode was left unfinished. To compensate for the bad acting, they have all the characters fucking eachother.

The Lutenant has fucked 2 women allready, the crazy black soldier fucked a chinese chick, wich we never saw before this, in episode9 right at the end before the credits. They use the stones to report to Earth and to go fuck someone while supposedly in the body of another person, and then because of a "glitch" the link breaks up and now, the real owner of the body is fucking your wife, colonel. It's just all this drama upon drama...

The hole crew is trapped on a ship, gazillions lightyears from earth, and all they worry about is the problems they have on earth... wtf?! Explore the ship... there's no more issues with power, explore the ship. Use the gate... If you end an episode in a exciting way please for fucks sake remember to continue it in the next episode. Majority of the cast cannot act. I think even I could do better, and I'm male and I have chest hair. :|

No I will not use spoiler tags because I want to warn people not to watch this garbage. So I was reading this thread on Gate world, "SGU: Soap or SciFI?"... honestly, it's not SciFi IMO, and it is a pretty crappy soap too. I just finished watching episode 9. Honestly the only thing more dissapointing right now would be to find out I only have one working testicle. What a shitty shitty SG series. Kill it please or follow the seven steps I posted to better the series. The third option is to give every character cancer and make the blonde doctor strip for Eli.
BSG at least had the advantage of having a number of cast within its ensemble who could actually act (Edward James Olmos), even if watching an episode made you want to slit your wrists afterwards. SGU has a crying Ming Na and frickin' teenage love triangles, with the high point being the woefully underutilized Robert Carlyle.

I totally get that the writers wanted to ditch the old action-based, kind of quirky SG show for a new format, but failed to supplant it with anything worthwhile.

The quirky action and the bad jokes is what made SG1 and Atlantis, and having a enemy... and Gate travel... I never got into BSG just because there was never any action in it. Nothing ever happened. It was just "blaa blaa blaa blaa...blaa blaa blaa blaa...blaa blaa blaa blaa" SGU reminds me of BSG alot. The never ending emotional problems are just shit. The majority of the characters in SGU are military people so that means they're trained to obey orders and ignore their feelings for the most part.

Last edited:
This series' called Stargate, the ship's got a stargate, why don't the crew USE the stargate more? They give more use to the fucking travel stones than to the thing that names the series! This series should be called Stones Universe.

Did anyone else read the pages on gateworld and think, this ain't coming back next series?