How can I make my v6 camaro faster (2010)

^ Some people value cars over houses and vice versa- the guy up the road from me lives in an area that is pretty average when he could afford a house double the size of his on the beachfront. Yet he spends his money on Porsches and Astons (and I thank him for that, he shows everybody around here what a decent car actually looks like- most people think it's a turboed Ford falcon). This guy may just be the opposite. But yeah, the reason for it does make it slightly iffy, but not worthy of calling him a douche and telling him to fuck off.

I think Fleece was trying to point this out.....

^ those 2 posts together... (I assume he wouldn't buy a very expensive house for the same reason he doesn't buy very expensive cars)

It sure does compute. A house is used by at least 4 people (he said he has a brother - maybe more siblings) for at least 12 hours a day.

Even in car centric America, you spend maybe 3 hours a day in your car, and that's only you, most of the time you're driving alone.

You get a lot more from a nice house for a lot more of the time, so it makes perfect sense to spend a lot more on a house than on a car.

Also, a house holds its value a lot better than a car, and a million and change isn't really a lot for a house. 1.4 million bucks is 930k euros, and I'll be up front, I wouldn't even bother to buy a house for less than 500 grand around here, it's probably shit. My father owns two houses, and drives a 1993 Volvo station wagon, for fucks sake. When I still had a car, my car was worth twice what my dad's car was worth, even though he probably earned 100 times the money I did.

Topic 2:
Also, if the kid's parents have money, how can he fucking help it? What's he supposed to do, move out and live under a bridge? His parents worked hard to get where they are, and are entitled to give their kids however much money they want (doesn't mean he's entitled to get it though), and who is anybody here to say anything the fuck against it? This is America, it's a free country, the American dream is to get a fucking shedload of money, and anybody who has a problem with that can just fuck right off to Iraq or communist Europe, and get lots of money that the rich people have to pay as taxes.

Topic 3:
6 seconds to 100km/h is pretty nice, just keep it the way it is for a few months, and go to a nice driving school to learn to unleash the full potential of the car. How many times do you expect to pull up to a traffic light, roll down your window, rev the engine a few times, look over, and see a guy looking back at you, revving his engine? It's not a very likely situation, you'll have a lot more fun learning how to enjoy the twisties (I heard, contrary to popular opinion, even America has twisties somewhere). Oh yeah, and if you still want more, new wheels and tires.

Anyways, hope you aren't to put off by some of the dickheads here in the topic, new members are always welcome here.

This has turned into a look at my car thread, and there is a subforum for that.

This has turned into a look at my car learn how to drive or bold two turbos to your car and guess what? your parents are rich! let's all be envious and rip on him for it thread, and there is a subforum for that.

FTFY

What I was getting at was that the Camaro. Kid stated that his father grew up very poor, and with the car comment implied that he eants to live quite modestly. Sure an Infiniti is not over the top like a Mercedes S-class, but its still pretty high up there. Second, the house; a $1.4M house like that is no where near modest. Anymore who grew up poor would know that. Even if for him personally real estate is more important than a car, thats still a lot. Lastly, would someone who does not value cars and grew up in a very poor enviroment go off and buy his 17 year old son a brand new sports car that cost twenty something thousand dollars? Personally, I don't think so.

Granted these are all assumptions, maybe earning all that money completly changed him.
Also the way he said it "Lol, try 1.4 million" really did not agree with me. And there was another instance at the beginning of this thread where there was a statement along the lines of "I have the money and I want to spend it before I do something stupid with it" really ticked me off.

And before anyone bitches about how I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm just gonna say that my family came to this country with literally nothing more than $300 cash, the clothes on our backs, and (my parents') college degrees. And now, 17 years later, my parents have high paying jos, we live in an great house, drive two great cars (although as a petrolhead I don't approve, I can't argue that a Honda Accord and a Toyota Rav4 are not great family cars), and now I'm in a prestegious college. With a history of hard economic times (presumably like his father) spending money now just not to spend it on something stupid later just isn't a valid reason for me. Save it for something usefull, like helping pay college tuition.
I know that if I make it big after college, I'm not just straight up buying my kid a $25k car, especially if he has $5k laying around. I worked/saved money for 3 years to buy myself a $4000 Audi, and I believe thats the way it should be done.

But hey, thats just my two cents.

Edit: sorry for the grammar/spelling errors and the disorganization, I typed that out on my phone and tried to edit it as I went.

Last edited:
I still don't think it's that uncommon to spend a lot of money on a house and not that much on a car. And while I agree about not buying my kid a brand new car, ever, to each his own when it comes to parenting. It's up to the kid now to not be spoiled by it.

Nice car, alnajjd, and I agree with most people here. 300 HP is plenty, drive it before you decide it's not fast enough! I managed two accidents with only 150 HP...

What I was getting at was that the Camaro. Kid stated that his father grew up very poor, and with the car comment implied that he eants to live quite modestly. Sure an Infiniti is not over the top like a Mercedes S-class, but its still pretty high up there. Second, the house; a $1.4M house like that is no where near modest. Anymore who grew up poor would know that. Even if for him personally real estate is more important than a car, thats still a lot. Lastly, would someone who does not value cars and grew up in a very poor enviroment go off and buy his 17 year old son a brand new sports car that cost twenty something thousand dollars? Personally, I don't think so.

Granted these are all assumptions, maybe earning all that money completly changed him.
Also the way he said it "Lol, try 1.4 million" really did not agree with me. And there was another instance at the beginning of this thread where there was a statement along the lines of "I have the money and I want to spend it before I do something stupid with it" really ticked me off.

And before anyone bitches about how I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm just gonna say that my family came to this country with literally nothing more than $300 cash, the clothes on our backs, and (my parents') college degrees. And now, 17 years later, my parents have high paying jos, we live in an great house, drive two great cars (although as a petrolhead I don't approve, I can't argue that a Honda Accord and a Toyota Rav4 are not great family cars), and now I'm in a prestegious college. With a history of hard economic times (presumably like his father) spending money now just not to spend it on something stupid later just isn't a valid reason for me. Save it for something usefull, like helping pay college tuition.
I know that if I make it big after college, I'm not just straight up buying my kid a $25k car, especially if he has $5k laying around. I worked/saved money for 3 years to buy myself a $4000 Audi, and I believe thats the way it should be done.

But hey, thats just my two cents.

Edit: sorry for the grammar/spelling errors and the disorganization, I typed that out on my phone and tried to edit it as I went.

I wasn't trying to be a snob it just made me mad when that guy said "I hate living costs in Irvine. 450k here bags you 2000 sqft or a nice apartment/condo" because he was pretty much saying michigan is shit, I wanted to show that michigan isn't as bad as people think, that there is still nice houses here; I was in a rush and I 100% agree I should have reworded that. Also when I said " before I spend it on something stupid" I mean't that I have been saving this money sicne I was 10 for my car and I want to spend it on my car, obviously it would take me more than a year to blow off 5,000 dollars if I was just using it for general things and clothes.

The reason I got a 25,000 car is because I will be saving my dad about 100,000 with a scholarship for the grades I have. If I would have got lower grades he would have not even bought me a car, and he wouldn't have let me buy a car with my money either.

Lastly can we plase focus on the car, this thread is not about my house or my family. Can we just stick too the car please?

I thank all of you for your Ideas, but after driving this car I feel you are all 100% right, I need more experience with a fast car, it is a lot to control ( I am constantly catching myself going way over the speed limit without even realizing) and to be honest it is more than fast enough for me at the moment. The only thing I would like is to Increase the feel on the road, and the handling.
Thanks

Last edited:
Lastly can we plase focus on the car, this thread is not about my house or my family. Can we just stick too the car please?

I thank all of you for your Ideas, but after driving this car I feel you are all 100% right, I need more experience with a fast car, it is a lot to control ( I am constantly catching myself going way over the speed limit without even realizing) and to be honest it is more than fast enough for me at the moment. The only thing I would like is to Increase the feel on the road, and the handling.
Thanks

I don?t want to sound patronizing, but I am really glad you noticed we were right when we said more power wasn?t needed. I don?t know how much that would cost or even if it?s easily available, but if you want more feel and handling, suspension modifications are probably the way to go. A custom exhaust and air filter/air box/CAI could also give it a few HP and a nicer sound.

^^ good on you for noticing your current limits, I knew somebody who didn't pay attention to his limits and hence I use the word "knew" in relation to him.

The only way I know of improving handling is to improve the suspension, but then again, I'm not in any way mechanically inclined, so you may want to disregard that :)

Power and "going faster than the speed limit" don't have anything to do with each other, really.

I always hated those old Prius commercials when someone would say something like "My Prius has loads of power...I got a speeding ticket!"

Oooh...wow...so you were going 34 in a 25. Big whoop. That doesn't tell me anything. I was always going over the speed limit in my dad's '88 F-150 because it was so far removed from the driving experience (both, far from the road and eveything was smooth and loose) than you always felt like you were going slower than you really were. My grandfather's Buick was like that, too. It would just glide like you wouldn't believe...you'd be going down a road in a 55 zone and see a "Speed limit 40 ahead" sign, so you'd take your foot off the gas. By the time you arrived at the 40mph zone, you'd still be going 54.5 while just "coasting." You'd be gunning it on a freeway on-ramp, and by the time you started to hear the engine, you'd look down, and you'd be doing 90.

You may be right, then, that you need some chassis adjustments to give you more feel. Perhaps it's just too soft and you aren't feeling the speed. A stiffer, more communicative suspension may make you feel lik eyou're going faster, so you won't be going so fast.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be a snob it just made me mad when that guy said "I hate living costs in Irvine. 450k here bags you 2000 sqft or a nice apartment/condo" because he was pretty much saying michigan is shit, I wanted to show that michigan isn't as bad as people think, that there is still nice houses here; I was in a rush and I 100% agree I should have reworded that. Also when I said " before I spend it on something stupid" I mean't that I have been saving this money sicne I was 10 for my car and I want to spend it on my car, obviously it would take me more than a year to blow off 5,000 dollars if I was just using it for general things and clothes.

The reason I got a 25,000 car is because I will be saving my dad about 100,000 with a scholarship for the grades I have. If I would have got lower grades he would have not even bought me a car, and he wouldn't have let me buy a car with my money either.

Thanks

Trust me, man, that's the right idea. Once you start getting up into the four hundred and five hundred horsepower range, you're on the edge all the time and a pants-shittingly terrifying crash is just an errant ankle twitch away. The few times I've driven the 430, I've come out of the car hyperventilating and exhausted because the level of concentration needed to keep the car from breaking away (in higher gears on a dry freeway) is so high that you're wiped out after a half hour drive. It's not quite the same in either the M3 or the S6, but it's still pretty taxing. 300 hp is enough for a daily driver unless you want to show up at school in a cold sweat looking like you've just gone 15 rounds.

The few times I've driven the 430, I've come out of the car hyperventilating and exhausted because the level of concentration needed to keep the car from breaking away (in higher gears on a dry freeway) is so high that you're wiped out after a half hour drive.

Sometimes, when I "drive" 400+hp cars in GT5P, I wonder how hard would it be to drive one of those in the real world...:lol:

It's much more satisfying driving a slow car fast than a fast car like a twat.
Kinda why I drive what I do. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyhow. ;)

It's much more satisfying driving a slow car fast than a fast car like a twat.
Kinda why I drive what I do. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyhow. ;)

Yes, But a Miata is the exception to the small slow car. It's handling is sooo good, it makes up for the lack of power. I had a 1994 for about 4 years. Loved every mile of that car. I suspect that the excitement of say, a toyota yaris, wouldn't be the same.