Official photos of the new BMW 5 Series

car_photo_344230_25.jpg

Its definitely not the worst 5 series.

I'd rate them in the following order, from best to worst (based solely on looks, I've only driven an E34 once)
E39, E34, E28, F10, E12, E60.

Its definitely not the worst 5 series.

I'd rate them in the following order, from best to worst (based solely on looks, I've only driven an E34 once)
E39, E34, E28, F10, E12, E60.

Come on man, the F10 looks better than the E12 + E28..

A massive improvement over the E60.

But then again, that's just my opinion...

You'd think BMW would put the lateral indicators on the mirrors considering Audi and MB are doing it for ages already.

And the space in the backseat, it takes no more than 2 passengers with that huge central console and the tunnel beneath it.

You'd think BMW would put the lateral indicators on the mirrors considering Audi and MB are doing it for ages already.

It seems like they might have...in some of the pictures, it looks like there's an extra section under the black underside where there might be a very narrow strip of LEDs....not saying there is, just saying it looks like there COULD be.

Last edited:
The side and rear 3/4 views look great. The front end looks kinda dull, compared to the E60 which I liked.

It's brilliant, truly a step forward in the right directon.

I really like it, i'd actually buy one if it was my money :p

It looks like a modernised E34 :D I quite like it. Can't wait to see the sportier versions.

It leave me feeling very flat. Cover up the bluff nose, and you've got a facelifted 3 series. Here's hoping the Msport and the M versions put a bit of effort in.

meh, it's not that special IMO.
I think the front looks too much like a 3 series, and the rear too much like the 7 series, but toned down too much.
Interior looks nice though.

I'd prefer an "old" 5series, even with Dame Edna headlights

I'm actually surprised that I can say it looks great, great improvement over the last gen :thumbsup:

Gotta love Jalopniks Comment:

I just don't get this. Sure this is a marmite car, as in you love it or hate it, but... why do so many people hate it? Because I don't, and I'm always usually sometimes usually right.