News: The return of Gordini or how to do it wrong Renault's style.

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
It's official ? Gordini is back! Renault has confirmed its much-loved sporting brand is set to return.

As our exclusive report revealed in Issue 1,054, the badge ? associated with blue cars with white stripes ? will be used on top-of-the-range Renaultsport models, giving buyers a new level of luxury and customisation.

First to benefit will be the Twingo city car. The Gordini version will be based on the Renaultsport Twingo 133, and is set to be unveiled at a special event on Paris?s Champs Elysees next week.

The model will be called the Twingo Gordini RS, and it?s to be joined by a Clio version in the spring, with a M?gane Gordini arriving before the end of 2010.

Prices will be higher than for the regular Renaultsport models the newcomers are based on, and while there won?t be any step up in performance, buyers are to get different wheel options and upgraded interior trims.

This will enable Renault to offer a similar level of personalisation as found on rivals such as the MINI and Fiat 500. The Gordini cars will attempt to steal sales from those firms? Cooper S and Abarth models.

Gordini first came to prominence when it raced in Formula One back in the Fifties. The company then started working with Renault, tuning engines and creating fast road cars. These included the 8, 12 and ? lastly, in the Eighties ? the Gordini 5.

The cars? light blue paint and white stripes became a mark of high-performance credentials, and this colour scheme later featured on the sizzling Clio 182 Cup.

Bosses decided to revive Gordini after ditching plans to bring back the Alpine sports car brand ? which would have involved developing an all-new model. Launching Gordini versions of existing cars makes far more financial sense.

The news comes as Renault revealed plans to introduce warm GT variants of the M?gane and the Twingo.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/a...sletters&uid=cb631c2cbd4a380d87ad9a02f39c2d89

And here it is, the first offcial pictures of the new Renault Twingo Gordini:

1-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

2-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

3-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

4-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

5-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

9-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

91-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

92-renault-twingo-gordini.jpg

:|

Please, Renault, kill this carbage with fire and give us a XXI century Alpine sportscar.

So it's essentially a decal pack?

Pushing the boundaries of car tuning there Renault.

With Renault's current lineup approaching something I can now actually call 'good', there were so many ways they could have got this so right but alas....they are doing it wrong.

erm, i see no difference from a regular Renault. This is carbage already for people? :?

THIS is a gordini
R8_Gordini_Pegomas-Tanneron_2005.jpg

and if it doesn't share anything with that car (and no, colour doesn't count), it's a shame they revive the name...

Chavtastic how tacky.

That's just a bad effort.

not even a sporty sounding intake pipe? :lol:

A Clio just like that one is parked in a parking lot near me...for quite some time..with a large puddle of engine fluids underneath..

Please, Renault, kill this carbage with fire and give us a XXI century Alpine sportscar.

Then they'd have to live up to this:
Alpine_A310_1.JPG

Which knowing renault, they would fail even harder at. The A310 and its kissing cousin the Delorean are the only Renaults i'd ever consider. (stretching it for the D-Lo, but the drivetrain is pure PRV)

FAIL.

A Gordini should be a boxy, hideous RWD masterpiece..

Autosport Article above said:
Prices will be higher than for the regular Renaultsport models the newcomers are based on, and while there won?t be any step up in performance, buyers are to get different wheel options and upgraded interior trims.
Just wanted to highlight this so I get the point of this range.

So it's essentially a decal pack?

Pushing the boundaries of car tuning there Renault.

Chavtastic how tacky.

Yup! :rolleyes:

Then they'd have to live up to this:
Alpine_A310_1.JPG

Which knowing renault, they would fail even harder at. The A310 and its kissing cousin the Delorean are the only Renaults i'd ever consider. (stretching it for the D-Lo, but the drivetrain is pure PRV)

euhm...that's a renault alpine

right?

This must be some kind of joke.
Fiat is taking it seriously with the Abarth, Mini (sorry, BMW) with the John Cooper and Reanault is defining a Gordini with some paintjob?
PLEASE, WE WANT A RENAULT 8, RENAULT 12 AND MOST OF ALL AN ALPINE RIGHT NOW!!!

r12-2.jpg

r12gordini-ouverture.jpg

Last edited:
They've already got the Renaultsport line, why would they need another performance line? Personally I think the color scheme looks great.

ill take a normal Megane RS 250 then

and its not another performance line, its the same performance line, only with more tassles!
(basically for silly people who want to spend luxury levels of money on a french car.....)

Last edited:
^no, you're only 18

you'll grow out of it :D