OS Xbox Pro

Saw this a few days ago really awesome!

I'm itching to do another PC build, but I need to wait till around June :(

I'm not watching that whole ten minute video, but it looks like he put PC parts in an Xbox case?

That's been done before and is retarded. Why tear apart a (working?) dev kit (really, dev kit? how many of those are there?) when you can buy an empty xbox case online for cheap? And you're better off with a case designed with better airflow. Sure, it looks like he did a great job with the modification, but it took a lot of work and the end result isn't awesome. A more impressive feat is getting the original xbox hardware to run linux, which has also been done a million times before.

I'm not watching that whole ten minute video, but it looks like he put PC parts in an Xbox case?

That's been done before and is retarded. Why tear apart a (working?) dev kit (really, dev kit? how many of those are there?) when you can buy an empty xbox case online for cheap? And you're better off with a case designed with better airflow. Sure, it looks like he did a great job with the modification, but it took a lot of work and the end result isn't awesome. A more impressive feat is getting the original xbox hardware to run linux, which has also been done a million times before.

Don't hate on the guy just because he has done something that has been done before. Just because he tore apart an xbox dev kit doesn't mean that it was a working xbox dev kit.

Side note: I want his workshop.

thats a really nicely edited vid

i saw this a few days ago. or yesterday. i can't remember. lol.
ive actually bee considering not doing another PC build but building a custom case for my 360. more fans for better cooling and it'll be unique. lol

What I gathered from that video is that someone spent days working on a custom enclosure just so he could put a Apple sticker and operating system on something with Microsoft branding. He does good work, but can't say it was really worth it. Could have done something much more unique and cool.

JH

I think the whole OS X thing was irrelevant, he made a great little enclosure and showed Windows in the video anyway. I agree that it was just to put an apple sticker on it. I would've been more than happy keeping the Xbox logo and running Windows 7 on that beastie. I wonder if a micro ATX would fit into an original Playstation. :think:

I think the whole OS X thing was irrelevant, he made a great little enclosure and showed Windows in the video anyway. I agree that it was just to put an apple sticker on it. I would've been more than happy keeping the Xbox logo and running Windows 7 on that beastie. I wonder if a micro ATX would fit into an original Playstation. :think:

Mini ITX certainly would, and you can get one with an LGA 775 socket.

I only saw Linux and OSX, didn't see a Windows OS screen anywhere. I guess I just don't see the point of it, when you can purchase similar enclosures. I guess its down to "I built it so its better" or something. Neat idea, and the guy does awesome work, just don't see the point. Could have put similar work into something that was a lot more distinctive and cool.

JH

Side note: I want his workshop.

Yeah ditto, I need a place like that :blink:
Was gonna ask if many people have those kinda tools just lying around...Bet he aced shop...

Mini ITX certainly would, and you can get one with an LGA 775 socket.

Hmmm...think of anything that'll fit into a PSONE case?...

I only saw Linux and OSX, didn't see a Windows OS screen anywhere.
Check 9:10