Karting near Toronto

Evel

Car(s)
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
I've been interested in getting into karting lately. So I've been looking all over the internet for something around Toronto like the Jim Russell Arrive and Drive Series in the US, where they provide the kart.

The only thing I managed to find was this: http://mosportinternationalkarting.com/arriveanddrive.htm

The Mosport Arrive and Drive Series. About an hour from Toronto, costs roughly $1000 a year, and they provide everything except a neckbrace, helmet and gloves, or at least that's what I understood from reading their website. I'll be heading over to one of their exhibition races next season to find out more details.

Anyone know of any other alternatives? It shouldn't be more than an hour from Toronto, and can't be too expensive either, which is the main reason I'm looking for a series which provides the kart. It would also be nice if it weren't just racing, but some coaching as well.

A friend of mine that I used to work with is an avid kart racer who frequently goes to the Mosport Arrive and Drive series that you mentioned. He used to go to an Arrive and Drive in Hamilton known as Cameron Motorsports. I think he switched to Mosport because it was easier to get to based on where he lives, but he quite liked the Hamilton track. On our down-time at work he used to explain the track layout to me and tell me some of his stories from racing in the series.

A friend of mine that I used to work with is an avid kart racer who frequently goes to the Mosport Arrive and Drive series that you mentioned. He used to go to an Arrive and Drive in Hamilton known as Cameron Motorsports. I think he switched to Mosport because it was easier to get to based on where he lives, but he quite liked the Hamilton track. On our down-time at work he used to explain the track layout to me and tell me some of his stories from racing in the series.

I'll look into that, probably even easier for me to get there than Mosport. Thanks.

CMI is a good organization. It's a good idea to be associated with them, in case you want to move up into more serious forms.

What makes them so good for moving up into more serious forms? I'm definitely interested in more serious forms of racing, so I'd just like to know.

Well, they have the Stars of Karting connection, and they run in a Regional as well (Ontario). So there is opportunity to move up.

I'm not sure if they're connected with Cameron Karting here at Infineon, but if they are then they have Grand Am Rolex GT connections, but I'm pretty sure they are separate organizations.

When you go scope them out ask about what they do to help people get into more serious forms.

Last edited:
Well, they have the Stars of Karting connection, and they run in a Regional as well (Ontario). So there is opportunity to move up.

I'm not sure if they're connected with Cameron Karting here at Infineon, but if they are then they have Grand Am Rolex GT connections, but I'm pretty sure they are separate organizations.

When you go scope them out ask about what they do to help people get into more serious forms.

Alright, thanks.

Update: Probably won't make it for next season of CMI, the registration deadline is November 30th. Mosport website still has nothing on registration for next season posted.

Last edited: