Design a car, Final Gear.

This has potential, but you've ended up with an uncertifiable uber-expensive death trap. Repeat sales are limited when your customers are dead.

I've got a different route. What you want is something that handles and weighs as much as a 1950s F1 car but is comfortable. There's no point having a billion horse power if it's painful to drive for more than 5 min and kills you when it gets the chance.

Instead, get this and build it's guts into something like this

Now I know you're thinking i'm mad, but bear with me on this.

Everything on the smart is modular, from the instruments to the engine. You could literally unplug every sensor, component and control and transplant them across into a new welded tubular chassis. The instrument cluster is one unit that contains everything, all the switches unclip, all the electronics are in one box. The entire car can be dismantled using just a torx set. The wheel corners are complete already and you could take the engine installation across as a single module.

So after a bit of welding you've got a single seat F1 style car that is comfortable enough for long journeys, weighs 500kg, has heated leather, aircon, ESP, ABS, traction control, cd player and only cost you ?3000 to make.

with a 700cc 3-cyl...joy

i'd have that smart with 2l turbo though

Last edited:
This has potential, but you've ended up with an uncertifiable uber-expensive death trap. Repeat sales are limited when your customers are dead.

I've got a different route. What you want is something that handles and weighs as much as a 1950s F1 car but is comfortable. There's no point having a billion horse power if it's painful to drive for more than 5 min and kills you when it gets the chance.

But this is what makes it the most badass car ever! You mess with it and your open face helmet and driving goggles is your only protection.

The engine doesn't have to make billion horses. It's there because V12 engines are awesome and the sound make even small babies grow hair on their chests.

Also, the car should be only available in shades of pitch black. Because it's that badass.

with a 700cc 3-cyl...joy

i'd have that smart with 2l turbo though

210bhp/tonne is doable with a little tweaking, so around a Boxster S or E28 M5.

The problem is that lots of bhp is only really useful on a track, where as light weight + handling is always a joy.

How are you supposed to make a 800kg estate

where have I mentioned "estate"? :D wouldn't have one in 1 000 000 years..

at least one man is talking good not like everyone else lets just put the bigest engine we could find and get the chasy from midle ages... and then we will crash it every time we try to go round the corner

you didnt saw my post didnt you nammed ?

Last edited:
i failed by trying to edit my post. damm it.

Last edited:
1. manual or dsg transmission
2. rwd or awd
3. petrol
4. V8 v10 or v12 with veeeeeeeteeeeeekkkkkkk
5. turbocharged
6. wagon shaped
7. ???
8. profit

Hmm. A fast estate...
I spy with my eye something beginning with.....S!

2006-skoda-octavia-rs-combi-front-angle-view-588x441.jpg

This, with more sex-appeal pl0x.

you didnt saw my post didnt you nammed ?

ou crap i mised it im sorry but when i saw like monster trucks and things like "lets put twin turbo jag v12 into volvo " thats just nonsence

but why you whant rwd insted of 4 weel drive? :)

Monster trucks and TT V12's are not nonsense. Hmph.

you guys arent aiming high enough.....it should have one (or two) of these :

3038675266_d9d497b9ab.jpg

V12 Quad turbo twin supercharged, front engined GT sportwagon?

Well some obvious things :

1 ManualFlappy paddle 7-speed
2 Rear or 4 wheel drive,
3. Petrol,
4. 7.8 V12 or better
5. Turbo or Supercharger
6. 7 seats
7. Disc brakes all around

So basically you want this. :cool:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEDwfk8EYR0[/YOUTUBE]

ou crap i mised it im sorry but when i saw like monster trucks and things like "lets put twin turbo jag v12 into volvo " thats just nonsence

but why you whant rwd insted of 4 weel drive? :)

cause not all my minds was there and i had in minds at that moment a rally so 4wd just came naturally. But yeah, what i would like a modernized stratos with instead of a 2.4 v6 i would put a little more higher revver 1.5 v6 engine with some new technology stuff and one old technology from1950 that is now long forgotten but it would be nice to see now. Desmodromic valve system and it would be all aluminium like the original dino.

I don't like your cars FG

05_amatoya_ffv.jpg

I am going off and building a thing like this that goes on roads. :p

^ Why can't that go on roads?

I say it's a V10. Supercharged. But not a really big one - like a 4.2 liter or something.

Imagine we're a startup car company. We need to design something that people want to buy but isn't what everyone else does.

Because it lacks any sort of rear visibility. No mirrors or windows, and it looks like no indicators either.

MadCat360 said:
Imagine we're a startup car company. We need to design something that people want to buy but isn't what everyone else does.

For a start-up company, there's a few things to consider:

1. You're not going to be selling a car that's going to compete with Toyota, Vw etc. A start-up company just doesn't have the reputation or backing to go straight into mass-production.

2. So you can go down the route of light-weight sports car (X-Bow) that every man and his dog have tried to start up at some time. Or, something mad, but only about 20 people will end up buying it.