Do you skip 'star in reasonably-priced car' segment when watching Top Gear?

Do you skip 'star in reasonably-priced car' segment when watching Top Gear?

• YES

Votes: 169 43.4%
  • NO

Votes: 220 56.6%

• Total voters
The poll should have more options like "sometimes" or "depends on the star".

Usually I watch it, it's only if the interviewed star is completely anonymous to me that I skip it.

I'm American, and I always have at least heard of the SIARPC (because I make an effort to know British culture, and I'm not an idiot).

I always watch them the first time through (with the exception of Michael McIntyre who was just too painfully unfunny).

On subsequent viewings, it just depends - who it was, what their lap was like, how funny they were, how much of a hurry I am in, how impatient I'm feeling that day, whether I want to get back to the segment that's been split... etc.

(Just thought I'd use this space to make note that Jezza hands his guests all kinds of shit for plugging their movie - and rightfully so in my opinion - but what exactly was he doing on Jonathan Ross this week?):rolleyes:

I always watch them the first time through (with the exception of Michael McIntyre who was just too painfully unfunny).

i couldn't agree with you more... he felt like somebody trying too hard to fit in with everyone else. The guy that doesn't give anyone else a chance to talk.

Since "stars" are usually people that I never heard of, I usually skip it, except when the guest is somebody that I know of (like Jay Leno).

When the star has white hair it is likely to be a boring lap, so usually skip it. Since we never have TG live in the USA and BBCA has picked some rather random times (particularly for older episodes), I always watch on DVR, so skipping is easy!

Can we PLEASE get the Polar Expedition on BBCA? We have seen Botswana dozens of times, and while excellent, it would be great to see something completely different.

I always watch, it's part of the show! :)

Can we PLEASE get the Polar Expedition on BBCA? We have seen Botswana dozens of times, and while excellent, it would be great to see something completely different.

December 21, you'll get your wish! :D

I always watch it except when I start watching an episode and then find out I didn't quite have a full hour of free time. In that case I'll skip SIARPC to fit in the entire episode. I hate leaving an episode halfway through.

I had to come back and thank Ozgirl for the Alan Partridge recommendation. Netflixed KMKYWIP and the 1st season of I'm Alan Partridge and love it! Season 2 is who knows where Stateside so I'l have to watch those online but thanks again :mrgreen:

Aha!

I think the BBC should consider letting Clarkson have his own chat show simular to the SIARPC on Top Gear. I mean I don't skip it in Top Gear becasue I often find it so funny. If they know about cars great but even some of the ones that don't make funny guests and I still manage to enjoy the interview. I think he would be a hilarious chat show host and I mean hes a better one than some we have at the moment. I think a show thats like the SIARPC would be hilarious.

He had a talk show after he quit old TG and created the new format TG.
It wasn't very successful, think it was axed after 2 seasons.

He had a talk show after he quit old TG and created the new format TG.
It wasn't very successful, think it was axed after 2 seasons.
Yeah but think about it hes way more a household name now, and a talk show wouldn't jsut have to be aimed at people who like cars it could be more for the masses. More people would watchit this time around.

I usually skip the SIARPC because often it is someone that is not really that famous where I live(Sweden). But when it is someone interesting like a real petrolhead, read: Jay-Kay, a musician or actor that I really like, read: Stephen Fry, or someone gorgeous to really drool over, read: Sienna Miller.

I watch it for the interviews - the laps really don't seem all that interesting to me.

I said "no" but the truth is I'll often skip it on my first viewing--unless it's someone I know and like (e.g., Stephen Fry)--and then come back to it when I re-watch.

It's usually the least-interesting segment of the hour for me, but then again it's worth it for the stars I do like, and it sometimes serves as a good introduction to people I don't know. For instance, I've never been a fan of James Blunt's style of music, but I found him unexpectedly charming in his interview.

but then again it's worth it for the stars I do like, and it sometimes serves as a good introduction to people I don't know. For instance, I've never been a fan of James Blunt's style of music, but I found him unexpectedly charming in his interview.

Absolutely. I too like to know a bit more about them actors and singers, won't change my life I know, I' just a bit curious.
Right for Blunt too imo, he's a cool dude. The ones I really didn't like lately were Eric Bana, so touchy about Jeremy's teasing of Oz, and quite cocky. And Guy Richie gave me the impression he tried too hard to look and sound cool, but I found him a right bore.