Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

UltraISO is pretty powerful, though the free version is limited (only a problem when editing isos). PowerISO and MagicISO are basically the same thing.

Hehe.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/11/27/103788.gif

^ My parents when I added an internal hard drive for backup before installing Windows 7.

Luckily my mom used to assemble electronic boards for 10 years. Only drawback is that she was constatly telling me how to solder when I changed broken capasitors for my HD tuner.
I can do it mom, I have a vocational degree in electronics. (though she does it better than I)

Last edited:
IMGBurn.

Or Windows 7. But that isnt free.

I agree about IMGBurn, it even verifies your burn after it does it.

And Win7 has a burning program? :blink:

And Win7 has a burning program? :blink:

Even XP had basic burning functionality built-in. You just copy the files and paste them onto the drive with the empty disc in it, then tell it to burn them. It actually worked rather decently in Vista and 7 for me. And Windows 7 has a built-in tool to burn .iso's, as well.

If gigabytes are called gigs, what are terabytes going to be called?

That's gonna be a bit of a weird adjustment for me. 'Gigs' just rolls of the tongue so nicely.

So my machine has just 'recovered' from the Relevant Knowledge 'virus'. Machine started playing up last night on 7 RC and this morning wouldn't run for more than a couple of minutes after login.

Nice and easy removal though, boot into XP, delete the program folder and then go back into 7 and disable the service. I'm getting 7 Pro in the next couple of weeks so it's not worth going any further, it can't run now even if it comes back.

I just ordered a copy of Windows 7 pro! Can't wait to see the difference.

If gigabytes are called gigs, what are terabytes going to be called?

Why not just stick with gigs? 1TB = 1024 gigs ~ 1000 gigs, 10TB = 10240 gigs ~ 10000 gigs. Keeps it in gigs, but use big numbers that sound impressive.

The next few generations are going to be so spoiled with simply massive storage available cheaply and easily. <_<

Why not just stick with gigs? 1TB = 1024 gigs ~ 1000 gigs, 10TB = 10240 gigs ~ 10000 gigs. Keeps it in gigs, but use big numbers that sound impressive.

The next few generations are going to be so spoiled with simply massive storage available cheaply and easily. <_<

:eek: what about PetaByte? how about that as a storage space :eek:
(was it "50 Pb is the ammount of human written history to this year").

edit. 1 Pb = 1024 Tb = ~1 048 576 Gb to show how magnificent it is!

Last edited:
I know the same thing was said about Megabytes, Gigabytes, and Terabytes, but I just can't imagine having a Petabyte or more of data. That's a million Gigabytes. A million.

I think we'll reach that in about 10 years tops. I mean look how fast technology has come in the past few years..

I'll laugh when youtube videos become all crystal clear1080p and are still low quality or when internet speeds allow me to get 1 GB/Sec transfers.

TeeBees? Sounds better than Teras?
and there's no way that it'll take 10 years for us all to have one PB of storage...
I remember buying my desktop in 2007, thinking 320GB is just too much space, I'll never ever fill it, even if I try...

total storage ATM : 1,8 TB

Last edited:
^ I read "TreeBees"

heheheh tree bees
cartoon_trees_st5.jpg