White house crashers

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
So I'm not sure if you guys heard about this but there were these 2 losers that somehow managed to get into Obama's state dinner with the Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

article_photo1_sm.jpg

They are now facing 16 civil suits.

Original and full article: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/26/dinner.whitehouse.crashers/index.html
Washington (CNN) -- The Virginia couple accused of crashing President Obama's first White House state dinner on Tuesday are named in at least 16 different civil suits in Fauquier County, sometimes as plaintiffs, sometimes as defendants.

A trawl through court records on Thursday revealed a more complete picture of Tareq and Michaele Salahi, who have left an extensive paper trail in federal bankruptcy and state court filings.

The couple was spotted rubbing elbows with the likes of Vice President Joe Biden and Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel at Tuesday's dinner, but the Secret Service says they were not invited.

A Secret Service checkpoint "did not follow proper procedures" to determine if the two were on the guest list, said Edwin M. Donovan, a Secret Service special agent, in a statement.

The incident represents a security breach for the White House at the Obama administration's biggest social event to date. More than 300 guests, including Cabinet members, diplomats and Hollywood celebrities, attended the dinner in honor of visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

The couple did not respond to CNN requests for comment Thursday.
"At this time the Salahis will not make any formal comments regarding the rumors and media speculation surrounding the White House state dinner," their publicist, Mahogany Jones, said in a statement. "Their counsel, Paul W. Gardner Esq., states emphatically that the Salahis' did not 'crash' this event. We look forward to setting the record straight very soon."

Asked for comment on the Salahi's legal difficulties, Jones said in an e-mail, "We will begin doing press and media next week providing exclusive interviews and press junkets. If you would like to be considered in our media circuit we request that you hold your proposed published profile until then."

A page on Facebook, apparently maintained jointly by the Salahis, paints them as high rollers, listing their interests as polo, wine, and diplomatic relations, among others.

A separate Facebook fan page dedicated to Michaele that appears to be run by her says, "I was honored to be invited to attend the First State Dinner hosted by President Obama & the First Lady to honor India."

Click the original article link for more if you're interested.

Frankly this is really terrifying and sad at the same time. Anyone could have gotten to the president! I mean this didn't even have to be a terrorist, but it could have just been some home-grown racist bigot!

Plus on top of that you put Manmohan Singh in danger!

I liken that to when you drive friends around. Normally I drive a bit crazier when I'm solo but when I had to drop my friend off, I took things very slowly and carefully and drove more defensively. Same should be applied here. There should be an added increase in security for Obama but then when you bring along someone important/a leader from another country you should be EVEN more defensive and tight with security!

They managed to crash a state dinner at the White House - I'm not quite sure that makes them losers.
And as far as security, they went through the same screening (Metal detectors, X rays & whatnot) as all the legitimate guests did. It's just that someone didn't bother to check if they were on the guest list.
I'm thinking that they had some help from someone inside the White House - and that person, once discovered, will be in a heap of trouble.

They managed to crash a state dinner at the White House - I'm not quite sure that makes them losers.
And as far as security, they went through the same screening (Metal detectors, X rays & whatnot) as all the legitimate guests did..

You know that ninjas know at least 87 ways to kill using only 3 fingers?

Stupid, but the real beef should be with the Secret Service, not a couple of stupid people who managed to fool themselves into the White House..

I called them losers because relative to the celebs at the party they are unknowns. They also were doing this for publicity which makes them no better than the people behind the balloon boy hoax.

However my beef still stands with white house security. They are the real losers.

Last edited:
Apparently they did this for "The Real Housewives of DC", from what I heard on NPR.

Also, I expect this shit from the TSA, not from the Secret Service.

Apparently they did this for "The Real Housewives of DC", from what I heard on NPR.

Also, I expect this shit from the TSA, not from the Secret Service.

So, I think the actions of these individuals should be an arguement on exterminating all of the participants of all of the "Real Housewives of (insert any big city here)."

Reminds me of 2007 and Bush's visit to Sydney and the fake motorcade complete with Osama Bin Laden look-a-like :lol:

Julian Morrow and Chas Licciardello, two of the on-screen stars of the satirical TV program The Chaser's War on Everything, were among 11 detained by police.

The fake motorcade had been staged as part of an APEC week stunt.

The 10 men and one woman tonight were charged under newly legislated APEC laws with entering a restricted area without justification.

The crew members were in the convoy which was reportedly ushered through two checkpoints in Sydney's APEC restricted security zone.

The convoy was pulled over in Macquarie Street in a block adjacent to the InterContinental Hotel, where US President George W. Bush is a guest during the APEC summit.

Licciardello was reportedly dressed as Osama bin Laden, causing further embarrassment to security forces.

linky - the audio sync is a little screwed up
The Chaser's War on Everything was a good show;)

Last edited:
I'm sick of hearing about these idiots. They claim they didn't crash, but they must have told people they did otherwise nobody would have even known they were there. I'm sure it has probably happened before, but people just didn't brag about it.

This, if anything, demonstrates the immense power of well executed social engineering

I find this somehow refreshing and amusing. Then again, we only got the immediate news here, not the 15-minutes-of-fame bullshit following it.

I suggest a public hanging to discourage more behavior like this.

If your sarcasm
detector isn't reading
you should
probably have it
tuned.​

Mad props to the peeps for busting the SS

Yo!