INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Welcome one and all!!! :wave:

Hmmm, guess I should say something about myself here.....
I drive an '83 Madza RX7. I guess that pretty much sums me up. Anyone wanna see my Wankel? LOL.

Long time lurker... first time poster.

Been moseying around finalgear for a long long time to get my weekly ep links.

Im from Australia...love watching TG... and its ever better now with TG being filmed in HD!!! Its epic.

Great work guys!

Cheers!

New to the forums. Heck just noticed that there was one after coming to the site for years. Glad I found it and thanks viper for all the great stuff you have here.

Long time lurker, first time poster here! Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the great resources here!:mrgreen:

Another long time lurker here, but couldn't keep away from the fun for much long!

My name is Menelaos, I'm from Greece and as you can imagine from the avatar and the sig I also have a thing for TG :grin:

I'm sure I'm going to have a great time here (I already am) :D

PS. Credits to narf for the snapshot from which i made the avatar!

Last edited:
Hi to everyone

Hi to everyone

registred today, very nice site and forum

Greetings from Australia.

I've been a long time lurker, but figured its about time I registered :)

Love watching Top Gear and Fifth Gear (RIP) - although not a real fan of the Aussie version...
Been interested in cars for a long time, but never really had the budget to splurge.
My family chariot is currently a Ford Mondeo 2.5T (sold as XR5 here in Aus).

Hey there

Hey there

Signing up because the MKV format had me grumbling until I found a nice solution with Quicktime Pro on the Mac. (I'm a recent "switcher" and didn't want to flip back to a virtual machine just for mkv2vob).

I'll be posting a quick howto in one of the pages on how to view files to help container-convert the video while re-mixing the audio to stereo which is needed for an Xbox. You will get small generational loss in the audio as it is reencoded but it shouldn't be too noticeable.

I don't understand why the original rips are in AAC 5.1. I know the show airs in 5.1, but it's my understanding that they aren't actually recording or mixing it in 5.1 (i.e. you only have stereo data in the 5.1 stream)...

I've got a 2008 R32 (DSG) in deep blue pearl... It's in Clarkson's top 25, which makes me happy. ;)

Last edited:
I've been coming here for some time to find all the top gear goodness and had thought about joining before but now I've finally done it. I hope to be useful in the forums whenever I can. This seems to be a great community,

Welcome!

I'm from Poland and i translate episodes of TG for people from my country who doesn't understand english. I hope that i'll find here some help and advice if i'll need any.

:welcome: all

A general note to all the new members, the Top Gear SPOILERs Forum default is OFF.
This means you won?t see it or know it exists.

Hence, if you wish to read or more importantly post, pre-episode spoilers you must join the Spoilers Group first.

Top Left of you screen USER CP
Group Memberships => Spoilers Group => Join

Also, apparently there have been bogus claims to vehicle ownership, so please click on this and read the new
Ownership of your car Thread. :)

Last edited:
I just want to reintroduce myself. I've been a member since 2004, and I don't post that frequently. But I'm still here, and I still check the site daily. Great to be here!

Wow, so many lurkers making their presence known! Happy to see you posting. :)

Hey all,

I've been lurking around for a while... finally decided it's time to register. Great site, love it. :)