Pokeymans

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
Since from the random thought thread it is apparent lots of you are also pokedorks and adults discussion of pokemon is rather hilarious lets have a thread.

Also I sent a few of you Roms of the new games, and those are not entirely in english so a thread may be helpful.

How are you guys doing on hg/ss anyway?

Everything after Red and Blue are shit. Anything more than 150 is shit.

Just sayin'.

Lies.

Though the advance games sucked major balls.

Just sayin'.

Fact. I memorized all of those 150 little bastards, and they dare come out with more? Also, Jesse from Team Rocket is hot.

By third gen I named my pokemon dog-thing bird-thing tree lizard etc.

Then 4th gen came out and it was fun again and I memorized all 493.....

I played a lot of it (Silver/Gold Version), defeated the Elite 4 26 times, and had each and every of my 6 main pokemon to level 99, and then my gameboy color was replaced by a PS1.

Anyone here played their trading cards? :p

I just collected the pretty pictures :lol:

I played a lot of it (Silver/Gold Version), defeated the Elite 4 26 times, and had each and every of my 6 main pokemon to level 99, and then my gameboy color was replaced by a PS1.

Anyone here played their trading cards? :p

Yeah, I had a kickass water/grass deck. Had some different variants, ranging from 2 Venasaurs (enough Bulbasaurs and Ivysaurs that i would easily evolve to them) 2 Sceptvile (or whatever). Or 2 Vilupluems and 2 Bellosums with Swamperts.

I was unbeatable for about a month at school, until all the other guys decided to pump hundreds (not kidding) of dollars into decks to get crazy psychic guys and make decks that would DESTROY me because of weakness, and considering the two decks I had consisted of the same types and the same single stage guys I stopped playing because they all gained up on me:lol:

Last edited:
LOL

:D

I don't get the hype with Pikachu, it doesn't have any super-special skills or moves, so it's over-rated in my opinion.

Anyone watched the cartoons too? :p

Just sayin'.

This

although Mew (#151) was good.

But yeah, after Yellow I tuned out.

Is it legal for people above the age of 10 to play Pokemon?

Just sayin'.

You can almost justify 100 more, and include Gold/Silver.

Well, I can, to myself, because G/S were noticeably better games than R/B. The colours were better, there was more innovation (night/day gameplay, for example), and you got to visit Kanto and Johto (a new map and the R/B map for nostalgia's sake).

After that I tuned out though, then played Diamond a couple months ago and was completely lost by most of the pokemon I'd never seen before. You couldn't even guess their type by looking at them, for half of them :(

As far as I'm concerned, there still are 150 and there always will be. That is all.

As far as I'm concerned, there still are 150 and there always will be. That is all.

age 15, so you were 4 when those came out. :p
You do not have the excuse of the 20 year olds here.

You can almost justify 100 more, and include Gold/Silver.

Well, I can, to myself, because G/S were noticeably better games than R/B. The colours were better, there was more innovation (night/day gameplay, for example), and you got to visit Kanto and Johto (a new map and the R/B map for nostalgia's sake).

After that I tuned out though, then played Diamond a couple months ago and was completely lost by most of the pokemon I'd never seen before. You couldn't even guess their type by looking at them, for half of them :(
Yeah because you skipped the crap 3rd gen it's a bit more confusing, but they added a bunch of good features on for them. After you beat the elite 4 you get a nice little device that tells you what patch of grass rare pokemon are hiding in and etc.

Last edited:
age 15, so you were 4 when those came out. :p
You do not have the excuse of the 20 year olds here.

When I was 4, I actually did like pokemon. No seriously. I remember buying a pokemon themed postcard at aged 6. It had all 150 on a sheet of card. I used to look at them and try to memorise them.

Last edited:
I used to hustle Pokeman cards when I was 10 or 11. I would go "Are you serious? This Charmander is so worth it for your holographic so-and-so." Then so-and-so would be mine for the price of peanuts.

After you beat the elite 4 you get a nice little device that tells you what patch of grass rare pokemon are hiding in and etc.
Back in my day, we had to find the rare pokemon ourselves!

abe_simpson.gif

I have the red, blue, yellow and gold games for my GB Color, after those I gave up :dunno:

Naturally I preferred all the cutesy pokemon!