The cars you learned to drive on

An old Peugeot 306 diesel which he replaced with a MINI Cooper mid way through my lessons.

First car I drove was my dads Rover 214, he would let me drive it around an old airfield.

Last edited:
Mercury Topaz (automatic)
800px-88-91_Mercury_Topaz.jpg

Chevrolet Corsica (manual)
800px-94Corsica.jpg

behold the brilliance of the car i learned in,

Diesel Peugeot 106 in red with grey plastic bumpers

peugeot_106_1.jpg

Mercury Topaz (automatic)
Oh, hey, my family had a manual Topaz in white. Ours was an '89, IIRC - same generation. We also had an '87 Mercury Sable (automatic), '84 Ford Tempo (manual), '88 Toyota Camry (manual), and an '84 Toyota Camry (manual). I learned to drive on the '84 Camry, primarily. Once I turned 16, the '84 Tempo was "my car," followed by the '87 Sable when the Tempo died. After the Sable, I had an '87 Camry (automatic) for a bit before I actually bought a car for the first time (a '94 Miata, manual of course).

The '87 Sable and '87 Camry are pictured here:
img_0870_sized.jpg

I don't have any shots of the other Camrys, the Tempo, or the Topaz. :(

I learned to drive in a 1976 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon. If you can find a picture of one, you're better at googling than I am.

I learned to drive a manual transmission on the one at the top. Inline four, too! Otherwise, the 78 Ford Mustang II wasn't a bad car in my book. Sure, it was the redheaded stepchild of the Mustang family, but if it hadn't been for those model year, you wouldn't have had the 79 Fox platform at all. :)