Post your animated GIFs thread (56k takes a bus)

look at the way the van flips into the air. The back end leads upwards and it twists. Mos def movie effects.

The van is supposed to be apart of the next Batman movie I think.

Also, how can people see with their hats that stupidly low?

78821_0e2719e558afc6bb9e7cbd0ba29357ac.gif

^ I was thinking that too, but I think it's making a super-sharp turn, so that the left rear wheel is basically stationary and the front is swinging around.

The street isn't even blocked off, also you can see the van is stationary in the middle of the road and accelerates the same moment the ball is released. That ball, either iron or concrete would probably weigh about 4 times the weight of the van, yet the ball is nearly stationary after the impact. Look at the way it stops at the most powerful part of the swing and just jiggles around. Had it been a real wrecking ball it would have just wrapped the van around the leading edge like aluminum foil.

Also, wrecking balls were most popular back in the 50s and 60s, today most demolition is done with hydraulics, such as long-reach excavators - or if they are too small, explosive implosion. Wrecking balls are imprecise and can result in unexpected structural failure, not something you want in a city.

Yeah, there's something not quite right about the way the van takes off compared to the position of the wrecking ball. It either should take off that high in the air and that high speed.

More than likely the old compressed air cannon on the left hand side of the van.

Would a real wrecking ball stop moving after collision with a puny MPV?

Definitely not, a real accident like that would look totally different. Basically, the van would be wrapped around the wrecking ball which would continue straight into the house. What we see here is a far too light wrecking ball and a van with a compressed air cannon, as others have said.

Those people on the sidewalk look pretty scared, but yeah...I suppose they do because they are actors. :p

Has to be for a movie.

It is. ;) It's from the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight. It's from the scene in wich the Gotham City PD vans try to escape Joker's crew and the bad guys go and destroy all the convoy except for the van in wich travels Harvey Dent.

Last edited:
^OOooooowwwww....

It is. ;) It's from the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight. It's from the scene in wich the Gotham City PD vans try to escape Joker's crew and the bad guys go and destroy all the convoy except for the van in wich travels Harvey Dent.

Don't think so. That's an MTA bus and the Dark Knight was filmed in chicago. I think it's from another film.

Mostly filmed in Chicago, I'm pretty sure they did a bit of filming in New York.