General Anime Thread

My review of Valkyria chronicles Ep.2

POWERSLIDING TANK

that is all

Anybody seen Ikki Tousen?

one of the most unintentionally hilarious animes ive ever seen.

It was like it was one giant fan service, it was literally nearly every single shot was upskirt or the like.

Yupp... liked the drawing/animation style but didn't much care for the gratuitous "fan-service" And the fighting was sorta OK but a bit meh at times too.

Ikkitousen is way to fanservicey imo. They might as well made it an hentai.

Oh an unrelated note, here's a kick ass Noir AMV (may contain spoilers).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXvVWhQRRyY[/youtube]

Last edited:
Pretty much the best thing with Noir was the original sound track (OST). really couldn't stand the antagonist ... just rambling on about her damned "true noir" but then again girls with guns .... how bad can it be? :D

Think the OST is by the same people who did the .Hack series OSTs as well which are also really good.

I liked Noir's story. All BeeTrain anime tend to start slow, but once it gets past the half way point of the show, things starts to get interesting. The Chloe vs Kirika fight was great.

S&W is a great show. The second season finished airing about 1 month ago.

Where was this thread all the time? :?

Oh, and take a look at my sig to see what I generally think of specific anime shows.

^ I'll admit that I watch them too... even though they're both kind of harems =/

I think that Nyan Koi is mostly lulz, while Kampfer is mostly mindfuck. That sums up those two rather well. Apart from that, they really aren't that different from each other - both have a weird supernatural ability that the protagonist gets against his will, both have harem and both have a blonde girl named Kaede that's the main dude's crash.

Just finished Eureka Seven and re watched soul eater, Bones is awesome

Just finished Eureka Seven and re watched soul eater, Bones is awesome
Sigh...Eureka 7 is on my list of shows I have waiting to be watched. I still haven't even seen Gundam 00's 2nd season...it took me a while to see the 1st. Still watching L-Gaim and while waiting for episodes for that, King Gainer.

I watched Eureka Seven on Youtube, back when Youtube didn't have the HD option, so it wasn't an experience to remember (I really don't remember anything). That said, I liked 1st OP and the 2nd ED.

Anyone hear about Dragon Ball Kai?

It's basically a DBZ "Lite" version. They reduced the amount of episodes from ~280 to only ~100, taking out those unnecessary filler episodes, and the amount of talking in between battles, while reanimating most scenes so it looks a lot sharper in HD.

[YOUTUBE]SnvupMV9su4[/YOUTUBE]

You can see that they COMPLETELY reanimated some fight scenes shown in the intro (e.g Goku vs. Vegeta), but the main series looks pretty much the same (they just "cleaned it up" so it would look better in HD).

IMAGINE IF THEY REANIMATED THE WHOLE SERIES SO IT WOULD LOOK LIKE IT DOES IN THAT INTRO??!??!?!?!?

That would have been so awesome! :(

Anyway, I'll still watch it when the English dub gets made (even though I watched the entire Dragon Ball series twice within the last 3 years). :D

Last edited: