Random Thoughts....

It's pretty well documented that twitter can, and very much will produce sales.

This, sadly, is very true. Just having an account may get you noticed, and may get you business...

I tend to use a variety of fake swears, my personal favorite being "son of a biscuit."

That one's actually very good :lol:

Shhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeee. Quack. Moo. Etc.

Protip : stop drinking coffee. Stop posting here every 3 seconds. Get homework done. Be happy. Watch TG. Be happier. Sleep.

Protip : stop drinking coffee. Stop posting here every 3 seconds. Get homework done. Be happy. Watch TG. Be happier. Sleep.

But ninja's entertaining when she's had too much coffee and posts twice by the time I've typed this out.

In fact, I think it should be a requirement to drink too much coffee before posting here, except me of course. I don't drink coffee. :p

Hmm.

Watch Hot Fuzz or Tropic Thunder? Never seen either, so the choice is hard to make.

Oh, that latest episode of Top Gear was a farce with the greatest car thing, in my opinion.

Boredededededed.

Oh right I should download Topgear. Forgot it was on season.

can people write properly anymore when they turn in papers for grading? I just had a kid write an economics paper and he wrote it as if he was txting me.....stupid asses...

I for some reason get great pleasure when I'm marking a paper that I don't like and put up a huge "F" on the front of it. I normally don't give F's, but damn this was horrible...bleh, now 10 more to go....:?

my long weekend is over, back to work :(

can people write properly anymore when they turn in papers for grading? I just had a kid write an economics paper and he wrote it as if he was txting me.....stupid asses...

I for some reason get great pleasure when I'm marking a paper that I don't like and put up a huge "F" on the front of it. I normally don't give F's, but damn this was horrible...bleh, now 10 more to go....:?

How about you stamp them with FAIL from now on? :mrgreen:

I'd so laugh if someone put EPIC FAIL on someone's test paper.

Done, at least on the kid's paper with the txt jargon...too bad the another TA is handing them back this afternoon. Love to see the look on her face. :lol:

Same with reading job applications. Read one that was barely a page in length, 28 spelling mistakes that would have been picked up by spell check, cover letter was addresses to Dear Manger (I am not a recepticle for animal feed or newly born saviours) and no return address, email or phone number. So if I was even remotely considering the person for the job, there would be no way to make an offer.

Interview Q - What drew you to the traineeship and how to you think you will meet the demands of balancing studying, on the job training and managing your workload?

A - Well, I got to year 10 at school.

Q - Were you working full or part time?

A - No

Q - Did you have other responsibilities, like caring for a family member?

A - No. pretty much just went to school.

Q - Your resume doesn't mention that you have your Yr 10 certificate

A - No. I cut too many classes and was failed.

And thanks for coming. And yes, I did a double take to make sure the applicant wasn't pulling my leg. They weren't. And there was genuine surprise when I told them later they didn't get the job.

Pity I can't institute a fine system for total idiots who waste my time.

But then again the job interview questions are always stupid and annoying... :D
Lets take a look at the second part of the first question... what kind of answer would you as interviewer like.
A) showing proof of understanding the basic concept of time management and how it applies to this particular situation.
B) showing prior ability to time manage. like how they've managed earlier jobs, with hobbies and studies.
C) say that they were able to actually get to the 10th grade?

I'm assuming it's B...

The correct answer would probably be 42.

d) someone who read the information pack that stated - all lessons and out-of-lesson coursework will be done in work time, with practical on the job learning supervised by instructors and mentors to reinforce the theory learned in class. The workload is considerably reduced but diverse enough to allow sufficient variety to enable a wide range of experience to support the practical exercises. Any additional from A or B is most welcome.

calendar moves over to December 1st, snow finally arrives, temperture finally ceases to reach >= 0 degrees. Bye bye Failvember.

Same with reading job applications. Read one that was barely a page in length, 28 spelling mistakes that would have been picked up by spell check, cover letter was addresses to Dear Manger (I am not a recepticle for animal feed or newly born saviours) and no return address, email or phone number. So if I was even remotely considering the person for the job, there would be no way to make an offer.

Interview Q - What drew you to the traineeship and how to you think you will meet the demands of balancing studying, on the job training and managing your workload?

A - No

And thanks for coming. And yes, I did a double take to make sure the applicant wasn't pulling my leg. They weren't. And there was genuine surprise when I told them later they didn't get the job.

were they immigrants? :blink: if they're not, then i feel bad.

calendar moves over to December 1st, snow finally arrives, temperture finally ceases to reach >= 0 degrees. Bye bye Failvember.

Damn you and your accurate Canadian weather. :shakefist:

Forecast says -3 for tonight and snow on Thursday. Bring it on December!

A - No

i've had the opposite. interview starts, and he starts asking for portnumbers. smtp, check - ftp, check - http, check - pop3, euhm
i didn't know from head, he responds "someone comming straight from school knows stuff like this"

c'mon, it's been 5 years since i graduated, and didn't have to configure a mail client since (and outlook fills in port numbers automatically). they turn me down for not remembering sth that trivial?

i hate the current sollicitant-overflow we seem to have in IT around here. hardly any vacancies available, and the ones that do have an opportunity, are so fucking picky!

Last edited:
^and you want to talk back when someone asks something like that... saying knowing loads of data isn't as interesting as knowing how to implement said data... and understanding the underlying structure. such as what is a port number, how does it work within the IP protocol. As it takes literally 20 seconds to look up a port number for a protocol you know the name of when sitting at a computer connected to the net. Perhaps 1 minute if you have to use a cellphone.

i've had the opposite. interview starts, and he starts asking for portnumbers. smtp, check - ftp, check - http, check - pop3, euhm
i didn't know from head, he responds "someone comming straight from school knows stuff like this"

c'mon, it's been 5 years since i graduated, and didn't have to configure a mail client since (and outlook fills in port numbers automatically). they turn me down for not remembering sth that trivial?

i hate the current sollicitant-overflow we seem to have in IT around here. hardly any vacancies available, and the ones that do have an opportunity, are so fucking picky!

They usually have to be picky, because most IT people, at least ones I've met/interviewed/worked with can be knowledgeable about paper stuff (like knowing port numbers) and are crap when it comes to responding to situations (backups failing). Some (crap) interviewers think if you know all the paper stuff and passed an exam is better than someone with real world experience (i'm bitter, bc I got laid off, because I was one year out of finishing my Bachelor's degree, so I lost my job bc I had no college degree)

Most of the time, I just try not to impress them with technical information I know, but just that they're comfortable enough that I know the basics, and that I can learn everything quickly. That usually bodes well with lots of people.

That works well with most IT positions :thumbsup: