Autoblog: Most popular paint colo(u)rs for cars

Personally I think we should go back to the 40 colour paint pallets of the late 60s early 70s

A lot of designs would need to be changed so cars can look good in many of those colors again.

I mean, honestly, can you possibly think of any modern car that would look good in Panther Pink?
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2009/12/01/fm3182_09.jpg

<--- My car is dark blue. I hate black and silver cars. It's two of the most boring colors ever applied to cars.

My last car was blue. It's nice having a car that stands out in the parking lot, but it was hard to keep clean. And sometimes you don't want to attract certain people's attention. It's nice to lay low at times. Silver seems to be a good color for that.

If it's not in white, it will definitely be in black, with very few exceptions.

I really really do not like silver. I got rid of a car largely because it was silver and I hadn't realize how much that would wear on me walking out of work every day and (almost not) seeing it. I used to hate white, but a lot of newer vehicles actually pull it of, though I don't think it'd ever be my first choice.

I have a car that falls into the <1% of car colors.

It's that greyish purple on my Acura.

My car is confused. It is silver-blue! (Honda calls it Sirius Blue AFAIK). My rego sticker says the car is silver, I look at it and say: 'It's blue, dammit!' I for one prefer lighter colours, because my car has to be really dirty before it's noticeable and it often still looks shiny from a distance. I like that! :lol: White (unless it's on a car that really suits it - like a Mazda 3 MPS with blacked out wheels uh.....mmmm) is usually too boring. My father's old Saab sedan is white, it reminds me of a refrigerator.

Blue FTW!

I think my Jeep falls into the <1% category with Desert Tan. Even though its a fairly neutral color, it sticks out like a sore thumb in any modern parking lot.

It sure looks right its its native habitat though :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/17/DSCF0049.JPG

I think my Jeep falls into the <1% category with Desert Tan. Even though its a fairly neutral color, it sticks out like a sore thumb in any modern parking lot.

No it is brown/beige :p

Good news is we have found the only case when this is an acceptable color.

I would have thought silver would have been number one in the U.S. I see more of those than white.

Personally, I love my Stealth in pearl white but I don't like a lot of cars in white. My GTC used to be pewter, also known as light metallic brown. I couldn't stand it and painted it a nice red. My Escape is metallic maroon and I hate it too. Maroon is the official color of old. If it had a smell it would be moth balls. The new one is a light metallic blue and I think it looks pretty good.

Kat will draw pretty pictures on your Moroon car and make it awesome.

Greenie here, althought exactly what shade of green is another matter. It has brush marks in it though and that's all that matters.

Kat: :threadnopics:

There are awesome shades of brown avalible on some cars. Green is another underestimated colour, it can range from vividly toxic to chameleon-like, even making them look blue.

A lot of designs would need to be changed so cars can look good in many of those colors again.

I'm down. Personally I hate the look of most modern cars. I think they look bloated and overdesigned.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard! I read your book!"

Greenie here, althought exactly what shade of green is another matter. It has brush marks in it though and that's all that matters.

I can't remember the last time I saw a classic Land Rover that wasn't green.

And yes, count me as a greenie, too. In fact, when I repaint my T-bird, I want to have it painted Highland Green. Pacific Green has a bit too much blue in it for my liking.