Rant against the "You dont pay the fee..."

Sounds like you guys need DAVE channel.

Sounds like thry have in BBC America - lots of commercials and big chunks cut out of TG :p

Off-topic: Watched part of S13 ep 7 last night on Dave, and that AM V12 Vantage film still nearly makes me well up - ohhhhh that exhaust. And amazingly they didn't talk over the end of it!

The simple solution is for the BBC to make a subscription service for non-UK people, it could give them access to BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4 and iPlayer. Why don't you create a Partition to show the BBC that there is demand for BBC content.

Then everyone is happy.

The simple solution is for the BBC to make a subscription service for non-UK people, it could give them access to BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4 and iPlayer. Why don't you create a Partition to show the BBC that there is demand for BBC content.

Then everyone is happy.

Or a PETITION even :D

Then everyone is happy.

exactly.

I'd get the shows I want...they'd get my money.... win-win all around!

And as for those who say it would be too complicated:

If I had the chance to get my greedy little paws on billions of dollars...I'd find a way to make it work. :)

But very few buy BBC America for all the shows.

Well, we sort of do at my house.

I generally like to watch Top Gear, anything with Gordon Ramsay in it, Wossy, Graham Norton, Doctor Who and Torchwood and all that; and then my mum will pretty much watch all those things with me, but also Cash in the Attic and all the other things that she likes. As far as I can tell from how much we have it on, we pretty much watch everything except the news.

And I like a lot of other BBC shows that I rent or download, and if they were on a channel here, I'd watch them as well. It really is mostly repeats of Gordon Ramsay and Top Gear all week long. I wish it had more variety. I'd totally be willing to pay for a premium channel of some kind if there were more shows on it. Then I wouldn't have to feel bad about watching them sometimes.

Ramsay is from commercial TV (CH 4 I think?) must be picked up by BBC for overseas consumption only.

Even the F Word? That's the one I watch mostly. I prefer it to Kitchen Nightmares, which I don't usually watch now that i think about it. But my mom does sometimes.

All of ramsay is on channel 4 in the UK. All the new stuff atleast.

I have a feeling that the reason the BBC isn't setting up a proper service in America is that no one is personally gonna make money off it. If it was privately owned, the owners/upper management would be all over that, and each be several million pounds richer.

Even the F Word? That's the one I watch mostly. I prefer it to Kitchen Nightmares, which I don't usually watch now that i think about it. But my mom does sometimes.

Correct.

BBC America serves as a channel showing the "best of British". Whilst that sometimes means BBC stuff - eg Top Gear, Doctor Who, Turchwad - that also means stuff from the BBC's competitors, such as the F Word, Primeval, Skins and How Clean Is Your House.

Ironic, really.

Ramsay is from commercial TV (CH 4 I think?) must be picked up by BBC for overseas consumption only.

All of ramsay is on channel 4 in the UK. All the new stuff atleast.

The US Kitchen Nightmares eps (while it does air there on Channel 4) are from Fox over here, but without "shit" being censored.

What Lupin said.

Well, I pay for BBCA and I also buy every TG DVD I can get my hands on in region 1 and 2. (The region 2 problem is so easily sorted here, I don't think it's even an issue if you want it bad enough. You can get a player for less than $100 or probably hack your current player for free.)

I also buy nearly all of the presenters' books. I'm doing my part to finance Top Gear and I don't mind it at all. I wish they'd release the older series on DVD, though. I'd even buy the Stig's droppings if they'd sell them to me! :lol:

As I've said in the past, an American company would never waste such an opportunity to make money the way the BBC has.

From the TopGear website itself....

So, that?s what you?ve got coming up on Sunday at the all-new time of 8:30pm. Unless you?re one of those people overseas who nicks it off a download site for free; then you can watch it at whatever time you please. Just remember that the current licence fee is ?142.50 and that your cheque for this amount should be sent to the usual Top Gear address.

Your comments can go here: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/12/03/show-four-the-details/

Unless you?re one of those people overseas who nicks it off a download site for free; then you can watch it at whatever time you please. Just remember that the current licence fee is ?142.50 and that your cheque for this amount should be sent to the usual Top Gear address.

No problem mole, more than happy to do that..or..

HAVEN'T YOU BEEN READING THIS THREAD!?

*laughs*