Random Thoughts....

Monocles are fantastic. Please get one. I just got reading glasses...I'd been getting ridiculous headaches at work for a month and was blaming it on my anti-depressants but as it turned out my long sightedness has gotten bad enough for me to need glasses. The first day in over a month without a headache was a revelation.

Going in for an eye sight check later.

May need glasses, left eye isn't so great nowadays.

Being one eye though, maybe I can get a monocle.

I think if you get a monocle you might be legally obligated to buy a top hat and cane, however I'm not entirely familiar with Australian law.:D

I think if you get a monocle you might be legally obligated to buy a top hat and cane, however I'm not entirely familiar with Australian law.:D

I think top hats and canes are mandatory, but wing-tip shoes aren't.

Good to see this thread is carrying on as before with truly the randomest of random thoughts. :thumbup:

I guess there's no point in me trying to catch up so I'll just jump in here. The forum only goes back a few weeks when I click 'go to first unread post' anyway. I guess it assumes everyone has a life and they don't want to catch up on four months of randomness.

Good to see this thread is carrying on as before with truly the randomest of random thoughts. :thumbup:

I guess there's no point in me trying to catch up so I'll just jump in here. The forum only goes back a few weeks when I click 'go to first unread post' anyway. I guess it assumes everyone has a life and they don't want to catch up on four months of randomness.

Welcome back Shawn. :D

Where have you been, mate? We missed you.

As if my day couldn't get any bigger...mum just called me to let me know I've been accepted into the Bachelors of Automotive Engineering at RMIT next year...and I burst into tears. Such a girl. I'm going to get incredibly drunk tonight to celebrate.

Oh, don't worry.

There will be top hats and canes.

If the monocle is a-go-go.

As if my day couldn't get any bigger...mum just called me to let me know I've been accepted into the Bachelors of Automotive Engineering at RMIT next year...and I burst into tears. Such a girl. I'm going to get incredibly drunk tonight to celebrate.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Someone send me booze so we can have a FG toast to melbournian.

Congratulations, seems to be quite an exciting time in your life! :cool:

Haha, I just got into a concert for free for being a member of the press. Lulz, wut. All I do is send in grouchy rants to a tiny local paper, but I approve nonetheless! I needed that break, really.
As mentioned earlier, my wife is pretty adament on naming our child, if it is a girl, Lucille. But, she is pretty open to Elise. :D

If it is a boy, I would like him to be named Colin. She thinks that would be a good name, too. :dance:
Those are properly nerdy choices that don't sound too nerdy! I approve!

And I LOVE the name Elise. Very pretty. :)
Yea.. It hurt like a MF. Couldn't do anything other than stay in bed face down for a week and I couldn't sit properly for four months.. Lets not get into my trips to the toilet.. :eek:
Sheesh. I leave for one measly concert and this thread goes right back into the toilet.
Funny thing just happened, I was on my way into the oklahoma state v. Tulsa basketball game when I spotted an SL 63 AMG Black. I took a look at the name on the plaque in front of the space and it's owned by the guy whose name is on the building In which I am now sitting. :lol:
Ahem.

Pics?
I think top hats and canes are mandatory, but wing-tip shoes aren't.
What does Most Awesome and Worthy King racingfan1 (PBUH) have to say on this? I vote for mandatory wing-tips.
Congratulations!

Last edited:
And the result is derp.

Astigmatism in my left eye, about 50% focus if that lols.

So about next week I will be getting single vision, general use glasses.
FACK YEAH KAAAAAAANT.

Astigmatism lenses blow goats. It takes them freaking FOREVER to get my prescription right, and it seems like half the time, they get it wrong and I end up with headaches.

I need new glasses. Urrrgggghghgghhhh. Not fun. I hate other people playing around with my eyes. There's good reason why it's instinct to shut my eyes when there's something about to go in it, dang it.

Last edited:
Astigmatism lenses blow goats. It takes them freaking FOREVER to get my prescription right, and it seems like half the time, they get it wrong and I end up with headaches.

Apparently mine aren't meant to take much more than ~5 working days. Let's hope it's not much more.

The glasses (two pairs, exactly the same) look modern and contemporary.
Hmm.

Nice! And unless I'm mistaken, they have a damn good FSAE team as well. You should join it.

I got my uni marks back

WOOHOO, 75, 82,84,85

I now have my bachelors of IT from Monash university

So I went to donate plasma today and couldn't because of a tiny little bruise on my right arm and my left arm not working but I got paid anyway :mrgreen:

Also just bought Dark Sector cos I wanted a new game to play on my PS3 and it was cheap. Its surprisingly not that bad, but then again the game at the top of my list is Prototype and its a bit like that so no wonder I like it. Prototype is still loads better, though.

Last edited:
Pretty damn happy with my uni results considering how tough the subjects were.

1 more year to go....