James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

ooh that reminds me, my housemate is about to move out, and I suspect she has ended up with my 'we have cookies' shirt as well as her own, as I've not seen mine for a while. :)
Shame I couldn't be there today, but we already had tickets for the Carole Nash bike show, and Gaz and Pol were both looking forward to it. They took the aforementioned housemate last year, and had to leave early as she was ill. Whereas I discovered that I fit rather nicely on the Royal Enfield Bullet or the Triumph Bonneville, and I suspect Pol's going to ignore my 'no presents, I'm skint' and pay for me to do my CBT. *gulp*
This can only possibly lead to a career delivering take-away. I shall have to go digging down the back seat of the mini and see if I can find enough loose change to buy the DVD. :)

Glad to read all of you had such a wonderful day at the Toy fair yesterday. I hope the lego volunteers will be able to organize your own viewing party. Guess what: the dvd comes with deleted scenes and an interview! :)

The DVD also includes outstanding deleted scenes and an exclusive interview with the charismatic James May, who reminds us all of the importance of family and imagination with this brilliant exploration of toys, putting batteries right back into the drawer.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/dvd/James+Mays+Toy+Story-6200.html

Oh good lord I wish I'd not clicked on that link, that site's disturbing. On a morning when I've had sod-all sleep and have an OU assignment to do, I can do without having to see that creepy vampire wally, though I suppose at least it's not pink. Especially when comments about battery-powered toys have woken up the bits of my brain that like to sit around sniggering.

Just got an email from Amazon saying my "Toy Stories" dvd has dispatched. :woot:

More worryingly, Christina the designer texted me last night to say she'd been to a private viewing and that I was great in it. Oh shit....:eek:

No mention of the Happy Dance HeidiL....

Oh please GOD let me not be in it! I didn't order it from Amazon, but I'm assuming you'll get it before me. Let me know if I need to leave the country...

Did I ever mention I'm quite apt at uploading screencaps? ;)

Did I ever mention I'm quite apt at uploading screencaps? ;)

Did I ever mention that I'm very rich? OK I'm not, but I will attempt bribery before resorting to violence...:p

Has anyone found or heard of this being available in Region 1?

I've seen/heard nothing. :(

Can you not buy DVD players that are multiregion? I'm useless at technology, but I'm sure a friend said he'd bought a DVD player that could play DVDs from all regions and it wasn't that expensive.
Otherwise I guess you have to wait for someone who isn't useless to put it on FTP.

FOR BRITS: Apparently the Radio Times says the Lego ep is on the 20th and Hornby on Xmas Day - seems weird given the Hornby one might be a bit of a downer :hmm:

Well the email from Plum says Lego's on Christmas Day...

Well, Iain sent me a text saying the above was what's in RT - we'll have to wait & see

^^That's a bugger then :(

A couple of the listings mags have jumped the gun and published early. They are not likely to be accurate, as the BBC have always left it till the last minute to finalise their Christmas schedules.

To anyone buying the DVD, no spoilers please. I'm brassic until after Christmas so will have to wait for the last two shows on TV. The only thing I want to know is whether there are any good extras on it.

Can you not buy DVD players that are multiregion? I'm useless at technology, but I'm sure a friend said he'd bought a DVD player that could play DVDs from all regions and it wasn't that expensive.
Otherwise I guess you have to wait for someone who isn't useless to put it on FTP.

FOR BRITS: Apparently the Radio Times says the Lego ep is on the 20th and Hornby on Xmas Day - seems weird given the Hornby one might be a bit of a downer :hmm:

As far as I know you can only buy dvd players that work out of the box multiregion online. However, if you go to videohelp.com you can see how to hack several reg players and just buy one of those.

I had a hacked player to play multiregion, but it broke. I have 2 reg players (unhackable) and I am not buying another DVD player until those 2 die.

For my computer, I have a program called Any DVD. I have been using it for years and it strips the region codes off a dvd. I can then rip and burn the dvd and play it in my reg players, but to be honest, I am tired of jumping thru hoops. If they want me to buy it, if better be playable out of the box, otherwise, I will download and not buy.

Sometimes you have to take a stand, and that is mine. It is very easy to sell a DVD 0 region. I have actually bought some "region 2" DVD's that turned out to be region 0. They were still PAL, but that is no problem. Robin of Sherwood is one such purchase I remember. States region 2 is actually region 0.

For my computer, I have a program called Any DVD. I have been using it for years and it strips the region codes off a dvd. .

I might do that. I have a decent sized monitor, but after the first of the year, I'm getting a bigger TV for my bedroom. May as well get a flat panel that I can use as a monitor as well.

I've found a few multi-region DVD players online, but ive heard that they don't always work very well..and would be hard to return.