The "Things that annoy me" thread

Bug. Accurate name isn't it.

The worst are the ones with scrolling text. My attention span cannot tolerate listening AND watching AND reading something entirely unrelated. Just does not compute. Therefor I don't watch many news programs anymore. That's mostly who does it.

I've become immune to it through years of football watching, as it's pretty much standard to watch the game, read the sports ticker and keep an eye on the game clock all the same time.

Last edited:
British sportswriter terminology. Everything is so constantly overstated it simply reads as dull, boring, and "Oh what little thing happened now."

Something like "Head of the Football Association of Ireland politely asks whether the FIFA decision to not allow a replay of the France qualifier was the right decision."

Turns into... "HEAD OF THE FAI SLAMS FIFA"

Or let's say a team like Juventus loses out on advancing to the next stage of the Champions League in penalties..

"JUVE CRASHES OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE"

And I know every country is biased in favour of its own countrymen but for some reason the British media is just SO over the top to me it's ridiculous.

Ben Spies would absolutely dominate a whole weekend in World Superbike and the Eurosport report would glance over him as "Some guy named Ben or something did sort of well this weekend." and would skip straight to how every single British rider did and about how lovely and wonderful and the greatest riders in the world every single one of them are.

Even when Toseland got whooped by Spies at Valencia at the last round in Moto GP this year it took reading of the user comments to even see "Ben outperformed James by quite a wide margin" or anything of the sort. By the report you would have thought that James won the race.

Once again I know every country is biased my own included but for some reason British sportswriters really jump out at me. I know Spain is pretty awful too.

Last edited:
People who leave their home without being properly dressed, e.g. in a bathrobe with slippers on, a tracksuit or even a pyjama.

This seems to be a habit among drivers of camper vans, btw. Just look at what they wear behind the wheel sometimes.

People who leave their home without being properly dressed, e.g. in a bathrobe with slippers on, a tracksuit or even a pyjama.

This seems to be a habit among drivers of camper vans, btw. Just look at what they wear behind the wheel sometimes.

weeeelll... that is a bit of a grey area there, isn't it?
i mean... they don't leave their home, they just take it with them :lol:
but i agree, should they stop for petrol or something, they should definitely go dress properly :)

People who take up the PCs in the library, playing fucking Farmville. :mad:

GO AWAY!!!

It's study week, and I need to print out sample papers and study sheets. Go on a real farm if it fascinates you so much

GO AWAY!!!

It's study week, and I need to print out sample papers and study sheets. Go on a real farm if it fascinates you so much

^ THIS.

GO AWAY!!!

It doesn't annoy me per say, but I find it absolutely hilarious that some people just have to take five minutes to water their virtual eggplants that they don't even like in real life.

How about "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less"
caring.png

I constantly correct people who say "I could care less" I hate it, one of my biggest annoyances beside people (And the media, and advertisements, and newspapers, etc etc etc) using healthy rather than the correct healthful.

:!:Grammar Nazi!:!:

It doesn't annoy me per se, but I find it absolutely hilarious that some people just have to take five minutes to water their virtual eggplants that they don't even like in real life.
FTFY
/Grammar Nazi

people who say "mute point" instead of "moot point"

"Greatest hits" or "Best of" albums.
Which fucktard decided that they HAD to be double CDs, and they HAD to have atleast a couple of new songs on there? I want "best of" so dont gimme new shit.

Also, atleast half of the songs should be on a "so and so hits" album and are just filler.
I just want 10-15 AWESOME songs, no filler, no nothing. How hard can it be?

Last best of I bought was THREE discs. No it's not for me, it's a present. I don't understand the concept of CD's.

Bluray special editions that have two (or more!?) discs. You're telling me 50 GB isn't enough for a single movie and some bonus footage? They just want to put 'two disc special edition' on the box.

People who say "seize the reigns" instead of "seize the reins", and other misuse of "reign" and "rein." And don't get me started on the hideous abuse of "literally" just about everywhere by just about everyone.