Need For Speed: Shift

GTA4 is easier to drive around in than this with a kb D:

and the cars look just as good :p

Last edited:
No, not really. As soon as you get into high hp cars with rwd, it's nigh on impossible to control the back end with the keyboard. And mouse steering is not an option. :(

You might want to look into TDU if you want to just cruise around.

Thought so. Darn. I guess I'll just stick with Burnout Paradise until game designers realize they are making the wrong games:lol:

hate teh patch. Its nice that it adds new content to the game but changing the physics sooo much is a no no. There is absolutely no difference in feel of any of the cars. RWD, FWD, AWD drive all the same now. lame ... anyways though ... I was wondering, does anyone here post any times from their laps? I wanna see your best shot at laguna seca. Just got 1;19;1 with Zonda F.

I like the new handling models. Also I just aced all corners on N?rburgring which made me happy.

I've only tried the supra sofar, and it feels a bit heavy but powerful and stable :) the AI seem to be dirtier than I rememebr them being on Laguna seca, but other times at other tracks, they drive like pansies.

[YOUTUBE]W-Iq0U69q44[/YOUTUBE]

folks ... post up your best times!! letz make some FG competition here. lol. winner getz a sick pack of their choice.

I've only tried the supra sofar, and it feels a bit heavy but powerful and stable :) the AI seem to be dirtier than I rememebr them being on Laguna seca, but other times at other tracks, they drive like pansies.

[YOUTUBE]W-Iq0U69q44[/YOUTUBE]

Did you create that? If so, how did you capture the video?

Trying to master Silverstone and Spa, I'm pretty damn good at Silverstone but suck at Spa. I'll get some shot of my Works Murcielago as soon as I tune the car so it doesn't kill me going round Bridge corner.
image-7.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

hate teh patch. Its nice that it adds new content to the game but changing the physics sooo much is a no no. There is absolutely no difference in feel of any of the cars. RWD, FWD, AWD drive all the same now. lame ... anyways though ... I was wondering, does anyone here post any times from their laps? I wanna see your best shot at laguna seca. Just got 1;19;1 with Zonda F.

How the hell? I got like a 1:28 with a clean lap. You sure you're not talking about the Zonda R?

Edit: Best i could manage with the F was around a 1:27 flat. Zonda R was 1:20. If you got a 1:19 with an F....you must have it on the easiest difficulty.

Last edited:
How the hell? I got like a 1:28 with a clean lap. You sure you're not talking about the Zonda R?

Edit: Best i could manage with the F was around a 1:27 flat. Zonda R was 1:20. If you got a 1:19 with an F....you must have it on the easiest difficulty.

R ... R, I mean R. lol. I didn't even notice there was F in the game.

also every other driving aids are off, except ABS. lol

Last edited:
R ... R, I mean R. lol. I didn't even notice there was F in the game.

also every other driving aids are off, except ABS. lol

:lol: ok just making sure! I could probably get down to a 1:19 with the R...but I was like HOW THE F*** with the Zonda F.

One question: How the hell does one quit/exit? *laughs* I can't figure out how to QUIT a race, and exit the program...all I can do is restart a race, and then move on to the next one. :p

Okay, so esc works like every other game, just not on the firs trace or two, or in the first car-selection screen. Odd. I feel stupid.

Weird, works for me. :S I even have it mapped to the horn button on my wheel so I can rage quit.

*laughs* Love it.

To the person who was asking if a wheel is necessary...there is a step between keyboards and wheels...controllers/joysticks. Any analog controller will be a million times better than a keyboard. I have a wheel, but I'm usually too lazy to dig it out and hook it up. I use the controller most of the time, and it works great. It was like $14 at Target.

445.1.0.jpg