[F3TA] Round Two Discussion

So.. 1 week later and no more new times :p ?

C?mon guys , share them :p

I don't like Maple Valley at all so I haven't done anything after my first go. I think I got 44.7XX.

I'm in the 44's but it's painful because I am utter crap at tuning FWD cars.

Mid 45s for me with a Hyundai. Not a bad car but I'm not exactly a driving god, especially when my hands are cold and I'm half asleep.

Can't get below 46.4xx in any car (C4, 206, Integra). I'm afraid I'm just a terrible driver..

edit: just got a 46.1xx in the C4. Wonderful.

Last edited:
Can't get below 46.4xx in any car (C4, 206, Integra). I'm afraid I'm just a terrible driver..

edit: just got a 46.1xx in the C4. Wonderful.

curse you, I'm still stuck at 46.4xx with the C4...

Though I'm almost ready to just quite; having a top 5% time seems damned impressive to me...

Okay, just managed to nick a 46.3xx with the C4 by making the rims one size bigger. By this logic I should be able to get at least a 46.1xx by changing the rim size...

Last edited:
How did you make the rims bigger? Increasing the size of the rims for me caused it to jump to D class.

edit: in fact, just trying to upgrade my rims to be able to increase rim size causes the car to jump to D class.

Last edited:
Increasing rim size to full should decrease the PI, but obviously you need the aftermarkets first. I've always avoided increasing the size because of the apparent negative effect on the handling. I'll only do it if I need to drop one PI.

Is 275 the max for E class? Thats what my C4 is at, and I still suck.

boo-urns

First corner is killing me, can't get that entry speed right...
Low 46s so far in the Golf 2 GTI.

The first corner is the reason why I don't like this circuit. The whole lap is essentially that first corner. The only other true corner has loads of lines that yield roughly the same time.

^^^ Max is 275 yeah. I avoided hatchbacks because of their high centre of gravity and went for the Hyundai. Not lightning quick but I think it has made a difference. :)

I went with the Eclipse GTS. Seems pretty quick. 45's with only gear ratios adjusted.

How did you make the rims bigger? Increasing the size of the rims for me caused it to jump to D class.

edit: in fact, just trying to upgrade my rims to be able to increase rim size causes the car to jump to D class.

My guess would be we're running two different set-ups.

matt2000 said:
^^^ Max is 275 yeah. I avoided hatchbacks because of their high centre of gravity and went for the Hyundai. Not lightning quick but I think it has made a difference.

perhaps this is my problem...

I went with the Eclipse GTS. Seems pretty quick. 45's with only gear ratios adjusted.

I hate to be a copy cat, but I just tried the Eclipse. Upgraded, no tuning, just pulled a 45.8xx out of my ass somehow.

I'm still curious about Smurfen and his time with the Twingo, though...

edit: I'm now in the top 1% for both Hot Lap (600th) and Drift (102nd) :p

Last edited:
I don't think its about being a copy cat, its about maxing out a car's potential. You have to find what works best, whether you find out on your own or by listening to someone else. That's one of the best ways to learn: learning from others.

edit: I have to start doing some more racing though, all this buying cars and having them turn out to be shit is really hurting my money situation

edit: I knew I should have went Italian. I knew it. I just cracked 45.xxx with the 500 :)

Last edited:
I hate to be a copy cat, but I just tried the Eclipse. Upgraded, no tuning, just pulled a 45.8xx out of my ass somehow.

I'm still curious about Smurfen and his time with the Twingo, though...

edit: I'm now in the top 1% for both Hot Lap (600th) and Drift (102nd) :p

Spying on me are we? :lol: its a fucking ass to drive around there.. lift of oversteer for the smallest little thing

Last edited:
Yay, top 1% now as well. Still Golf Mark2. Don't think I can do any better. Not gonna try a different car, the F3TA league is eating up my cash :D