Chevy billboards around Detroit

A '57 Chev was never designed to be a sport car though.

I can just as easily use a Mark VII Jaguar, which was intended to be a luxury touring car... yet won the Monte Carlo rally anyway.

1956-jaguar-mark-vii-27108.jpg

People race them to this day.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hi/hills/2009/12/06/durk1.JPG

I just have to say...as good as that Jag is, the new Vettes are better than anything Jaguar has to offer now, Vettes DNA right now is still going strong in both racing and non-racing (I am talking about the modern cars, I know old Jags still race).

Last edited:
Number of outright LeMans wins for GM: 0.

Number of outright wins for Jaguar: 7. The last one so decisive that it got the V12 banned.

GM FAIL.

chevspoof4_001.jpg

That's right, GM's on the track are less reliable than Jaguars.

I think its unfair to put any negative connotations on the Corvette department. To be able to deal with the corporate, bureaucratic bullshit that is GM and still deliver a world class performance car, capable of competing on a world stage in international racing is something to give respect to. Making a 7 liter production V8 rev to 7,000rpm and making it last is an engineering achievement.

I want to make one for mazda, but can't be bothered at the moment.

Ok...now we are kinda stretching it, I am pretty sure the only LMP1 series GM has ever raced in was for 3 years in the Cadillacs (unless they go way back and I am clearly too young to remeber), secondly when was the last time a GT class car outright won Le Mans when there was a "Prototype" class involved?

Oh, FFS Spectre, does everything have to be about Jaguars? :roll: :p There's so many more missed opportunities here than to compare a bargain-basement full-line manufacturer with a rarified British luxury carmaker instead.

"Hey guys, remember when Chevrolet made cars that didn't suck copious amounts of ballsack?"

Ok...now we are kinda stretching it, I am pretty sure the only LMP1 series GM has ever raced in was for 3 years in the Cadillacs (unless they go way back and I am clearly too young to remeber), secondly when was the last time a GT class car outright won Le Mans when there was a "Prototype" class involved?

They went all the way back to shortly after LeMans resumed after the war. They actually were competing against the Jaguars, Mercedes and others of the day.

As for the last time a GTx car won, that would be as recent as 1998 and the Porsche 911 GT1-98. Before that was the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR and before that I believe you have to go all the way back to the Ford GT40s.

You may also want to look at Motorola Cup, where modern Jaguars eat modern Corvettes with alarming regularity.

Oh, FFS Spectre, does everything have to be about Jaguars? :roll: :p There's so many more missed opportunities here than to compare a bargain-basement full-line manufacturer with a rarified British luxury carmaker instead.

"Hey guys, remember when Chevrolet made cars that didn't suck copious amounts of ballsack?"

IIRC, the 1961 Corvette actually cost more than a 1961 E-Type.

Not exactly rarified.

Besides, I'm getting the Jaguar ones out of the way first. I may try my hand at the Ford ones next.

Last edited:
They've also forgotten what that term means. Last I heard a Ford Focus sedan was "mid-size"
For me, a Focus sedan is bordering on "big".:p

19.jpg

This should follow with "Damn! Not you, oil price!"

Number of outright LeMans wins for GM: 0.

Number of outright wins for Jaguar: 7. The last one so decisive that it got the V12 banned.

GM FAIL.

chevspoof4_001.jpg

That's right, GM's on the track are less reliable than Jaguars.

And the 1988 triumph after the second-largest distance ever covered at Le Mans. With a broken gearbox to boot for the last hour.

All very clever and good, but it just goes to show what's wrong with GM.

Are these really ads from GM? Because the irony is...is..too much to bare!

http://img16.imageshack.**/img16/7995/a61k.png
http://img69.imageshack.**/img69/3671/a62.png

Since the Americans forgot to build a car properly that stays to its heritage, we should get rid of them.