The "New Toys" Thread

^You bought the right phone! :D

Now we just have to look forward to android 2.1! :D

Indeed :D I'm liking the Hero very much, a lot more than the iPhone :D

I am dangerously close to buying an unlocked Milestone(German Droid) so I can use it on AT&T. I saw it for as low as $600. Total steal.

well i changed my netspeed aswell, i orderd it 28 nov. and today the "bits" were waiting in the postal office.

So i changed my 8/1 for 43,90 euro/monht, to 24/1 (with 5000 Gb Dvb-net recorder, f-secure internet security for 5 computers :p ) for 39,90 eur/monht.

The box of the :
04122009378+%28Small%29.jpg

Gotta love the cover picture and that box is massive.

The DVB-T/C receiver with 10/100 lan port for the 5000 Gb (that is @ my isp):
04122009396+%28Small%29.jpg

from right to left: x metres of Cat5E cable, power adapter (12V dc, 1,5 Amp), "bigger than my scart" hdmi cable (no need for it for now :( ), scart to connect to my 32" sony crt tv :D , antenna cable, some warnings and weird looking remote.

And last but not the least "new adsl 2+ annex M (24/3,5) modem" to let my old trusty A-link adsl 1 modem to retire after 8 years of constant abuse :)
04122009404+%28Small%29.jpg

SADLY i'm not gonna have time to test and install this setup until sunday, when its independence day in Finland, so this was only to get me all hyped up.

ps. my 8/1 is 4/1 now, and after sunday i'll know if it is 9/1 like my neighburs, as i live 3km away from the isp place :(

Speaking of giant TVs, a little while ago I picked up a 57" 1080i Sony rear projection (split it with my dad for a total of $500).

Looks something like this:

41EF2KBQ97L._high-def-101_.jpg

I don't care if it's old and large, it has a great picture :cool:

I hate you guys and your smart phones, I had to settle for an LG Dare...WHEN A HERO IS SITTING NEXT TO IT ON THE SHELF AT THE STORE GRRR

ratones-trust-raton-laser-mini-wireless-mi-7760cp-1g.jpg

Trust MI-7760Cp for my upcoming laptop. It was the cheapest mini laser mouse with all the buttons I wanted and the micro receiver (;

^wish it's bluetooth instead, then i would buy it in a heartbeat...i am still looking for a laptop bluetooth laser mouse that has side scrolling, back + forward button and uses AA batteries....

just got this in the mail:

Close-Up_lens_Canon_500D_58_mm.jpg

^wish it's bluetooth instead, then i would buy it in a heartbeat...i am still looking for a laptop bluetooth laser mouse that has side scrolling, back + forward button and uses AA batteries....

Why would you actually opt for a Bluetooth mouse? So it's always disconnecting and eating up batteries and stuff?

Buy something with one of these micro RF receivers and you'll be good to go. My Logitech keyboard and mouse haven't gotten disconnected in years, but my Bluetooth headset is always cutting out and disconnecting on the same computer.

The Bluetooth interface on Windows 7 is greatly improved but still doesn't always work properly.

I never had a disconnect when using the bluetooth Apple Mighty Mouse. I get disconnections frequently when using my Logitech Performance MX mouse.

I continue to use the Logitech just because its so much better when it actually works.

Just stirring the pot :D

Why would you actually opt for a Bluetooth mouse? So it's always disconnecting and eating up batteries and stuff?

Buy something with one of these micro RF receivers and you'll be good to go. My Logitech keyboard and mouse haven't gotten disconnected in years, but my Bluetooth headset is always cutting out and disconnecting on the same computer.

The Bluetooth interface on Windows 7 is greatly improved but still doesn't always work properly.

I have a small UMPC that only has a single usb port, and it's always pain in the ass that I have to pry the cover (and worry about losing it) open to use the usb port.

Ever since I started using the new Apple Magic mouse, it only disconnected may be 2-3 times, and my wireless keyboard never have connection issues....although I have to agree with the battery eating part...

Last edited:
Prost: That's weird, my situation is the opposite. Well, my Bluetooth doesn't disconnect as often as I may have said, but pairing it and stuff is always a pain in the butt.

cl191: Fair enough, sounds like you have your reasons. ;) It's just that I was picking out a mouse a few weeks ago and realized they sold almost no Bluetooth models anymore, so I figured RF had advanced to a point that BT was no longer necessary in mice and keyboard, because I remember a few years ago Bluetooth was all the rage for input devices... Microsoft and Logitech even released Bluetooth editions of their previously-RF models.

@Shawn
If you asked me couple years ago, I would have thought RF would be disappearing and BT would be taking over...wish they would draft a RF standard and have the receivers built in....oh wait, that's BT :lol:

I count three...

http://code.google.com/p/netbook-installer/wiki/Supported_Devices

Just got one myself for the same project :) The Mini v10 seems to be the best suited netbook for this

Just an update -- got the Mini 10v, installed 2GB RAM in it (which is like a 1/2 day task, there's no access cover, you have to disassemble the entire blessed notebook), installed OSX and updated to 10.6.2.

Aside from having to downgrade the BIOS and turn off legacy USB support for sleep to work right, it's an AMAZING hackintosh. Everything works and works well. Kudos to the NetbookInstaller team, it's not nearly as difficult as it used to be to get a hackintosh up and running.

All Atoms in netbooks are single core. Intel does not allow manufacturers to put the dual core into anything other than desktop PCs as it could start to cannibalize sales of the low end CULVs.

Activity Monitor is showing 2 CPUs in OSX, and both XP and Win 7 task manager show 2 CPUs.

So unless it's a trick like Hyperthreading, something doesn't add up, there are two cores.

EDIT: According to this product chart, the Atom 330 has 2 cores but I guess that's the nettop chip. The Dell Mini 10v is supposed to have an N270 which is supposed to be single core but there are two cores according to the operating system.

Any explanations?

EDIT 2: According to the Wiki, Atom indeed has Hyperthreading, so it's not really 2 cores but appears like that to the OS and can parallel process certain things just not fully independently like 2 real cores.

I think it has HyperThreading. I also think that they are 64-bit.

Wiki says no x64.

Last edited: