Season 14 slid off track

dnats

Car(s)
go kart
Seriously, the 14th season so far is just amateurish. The latest 14x04 is horrible. No entertainment value at the cost of many wrecked perfectly usable cars, especially the Renault Sport. I'm sure it didn't cost much, but still it could have been save for something else, or at least put up it for competition like how 5th gear did. This was the first time in a while that I skipped through the show the whole time. Wasn't interested in the content at all. All the episodes so far failed to impress me that Top Gear is a viable show in the future. I'm not surprise if TG is gonna get canned like FG soon unless they turn traction-control back on.

Last edited:
Seriously, the 14 searson so far is just amateurish. The latest 14x04 is horrible. No entertainment value at the cost of many wrecked perfectly usable cars, especially the Renault Sport. I'm sure it didn't cost much, but still it could have been save for something else, or at least put up it for competition like how 5th gear did. This was the first time in a while that I skipped through the show the whole time. Wasn't interested in the content at all. All the episodes so far failed to impress me that Top Gear is a viable show in the future. I'm not surprise if TG is gonna get canned like FG soon.

!

I really don't think that's the case. While some of the episodes are not up to the normal Par, they have still be good and very watchable. I don't think any of the episodes this season have been very bad, some just slightly boring in parts, but every season has had a worst episode.

All the episodes so far failed to impress me that Top Gear is a viable show in the future. I'm not surprise if TG is gonna get canned like FG soon.

Really? And this is based on... what? How would you know whether or not the show is "viable"? In what way? If you don't like it anymore, why do you come here and complain? Why keep watching it? The only thing I see here is another person whining about how the show has failed to meet their own intangible, unrealistic standards. Either provide something concrete to back yourself up or just give it up already. :rolleyes:

Thank you. :D I mean, yeah I can understand being a bit sad over the Twingo being trashed. It's a cute, sporty car! I liked it! But when HASN'T TG done stuff like this? If you're bored with it - move on!

I fell asleep during 14x2... never happend before

Seriously, the 14 searson so far is just amateurish. The latest 14x04 is horrible. No entertainment value at the cost of many wrecked perfectly usable cars, especially the Renault Sport. I'm sure it didn't cost much, but still it could have been save for something else, or at least put up it for competition like how 5th gear did. This was the first time in a while that I skipped through the show the whole time. Wasn't interested in the content at all. All the episodes so far failed to impress me that Top Gear is a viable show in the future. I'm not surprise if TG is gonna get canned like FG soon.

I totally agree, the producers seem to be focused so much on trying to make it a comedy show that the real humour of the trio has been lost.
I know it's always been scripted and in the past you ask yourself the question "that can't have really happened..........?" but now it all just looks staged, the illusion of spontaneity is fading fast.

I'll still be watching though :rolleyes:

I totally agree, the producers seem to be focused so much on trying to make it a comedy show that the real humour of the trio has been lost.
I know it's always been scripted and in the past you ask yourself the question "that can't have really happened..........?" but now it all just looks staged, the illusion of spontaneity is fading fast.

I'll still be watching though :rolleyes:

Remiinds me of Mythbusters: it started as an interesting show and lately its all about big explosions.

I'm not surprise if TG is gonna get canned like FG soon.

Yeah, cause Top Gear has no audience, and bad ratings right?

No but seriously, Season 14th has been good so far, not the best but all episodes are easily a 7/10 if not more. Last night's episode was pretty funny in my opinion.

I could go on at length about my feelings on the show as it has become and the direction in which it seems to be headed but I won't. So......

....instead I simply wonder whether in future years the phrase "sank the Twingo" will become interchangeable with "jumped the shark".

It has. We're having this same discussion in the "Scrubs" thread right now, as a matter of fact, about how shows that go on longer than five years tend to.. er.. lose their focus, lets say.

Remiinds me of Mythbusters: it started as an interesting show and lately its all about big explosions.
And crushing meatmen underwater.

But that was actually awesome.

Last edited:
It has. We're having this same discussion in the "Scrubs" thread right now, as a matter of fact, about how shows that go on longer than five years tend to.. er.. lose their focus, lets say.

And crushing meatmen underwater.

But that was actually awesome.

and considering that TG is almost on its 3rd 5th season (it sounds weird i know) you'd think that the producers, directors, and writers(yes its scripted) would be able to find a cure for this. As long as TG has a 1mil+ audience size it'll be on, in one shape and form or another and with the same or different presenters.

Top Gear has never been as good as the earlier seasons. But it isn't bad, not by a long stretch.

Some just don't like change, the kind of one-dimensional thicko dribblers who take the time to write a letter of complaint to the BBC, 'people' (although lets be honest, they are poor excuses for human beings) like that.

You don't have to watch it, so if you don't like it no more, watch the mass-produced cheap lower class shit shows like X-Factor instead.

I don't know about everybody else but I'm still enjoying it.

Most of the people hating the show are just looking too deep. I don't watch ANY shows on TV to pick them apart afterwards, Sounds like something a natural born complainer would do.

I don't know about everybody else but I'm still enjoying it.

Most of the people hating the show are just looking too deep. I don't watch ANY shows on TV to pick them apart afterwards, Sounds like something a natural born complainer would do.

I am with you. I watch TG for entertainment and it does that well on my end.

I do not compare it to last series, I watch the show they give me.

I am wondering if the internet and even sites like this is hurting peoples enjoyment of the show. Maybe they now "know" too much.

For me it is like getting together with old friends once a week. Like in the days when I had time for a social life. Meet up with the same friends every week for a few hours, enjoy the hell out of their company, and that was it until I saw them the next time.

I feel sorry for the people that have to pick everything apart to the point they can not enjoy the show. I do not enjoy everything they do, some of it is dull and boring to me, but I would never say I can't enjoy the show anymore because I didn't find something super duper exciting every week. That is the way it is with my friends. Sometimes I laugh till I pee and other times I think what am I doing here. A lot of it has to do with the mood I go in with.

Some people are just generally never ever happy...

Reactions: Jay
Well, TG is not going to get canceled anytime soon but be aware viewers as you are noticing the end of top gear as we speak. Its a shame, yes but its inevitable. Spielberg is not making any new good movies either. Everyone has their moment of fame and then people want something new and refreshing.

Now ... why are we seeing the end of top gear!?

Hammonds crash. yes, the big boom brought a lot of $$ to TG pockets. The show before was beloved my milillions but with hammonds crash it became a must watch show for brits and people around the world. When you carry that responsibility, that everyone is watching you and you are number 1, then its really tough to make the right choices sometimes. TG crew was pretty good with that before (aka 9th and 10th season) as they had loads of $$ to spend on enormous challenges and the characters sort of were left behind a bit. Now that the they have a huge budget cut, the whole world is sitting on the trio's shoulders. That's a lot of weight to carry around. So we ve seen season 11, 12 and 13 with absolute non logical and cheap challenges like racing a fox suzuki against some horses. The big surprise came with the Vietnam special. To this date I consider this to be the greatest piece of television ever made. Ever!! thats why I m looking forward to this year Christmas special.
So the creativity is running out ( as what else can you do with a car!?), money is running out and they are doing 2 seasons a year. Thats a lot. "Lost" usually releases one season a year. Mostly as the trio is getting $$ for every studio bit, this wont change anytime soon, so we'll be getting more crappy films instead of the quality bit. You gotta fill up an hour show with something.

They are getting huge ratings right now so TG isn't going away anytime soon, but perhaps in 2-3 year time, we might have to say goodbye to it. The hardcore TG audience isn't satisfied. Their car reviews are rubbish at the least. aka bmw X5 review vs. ford F150 review, or focus ST, or corvette Z06 etc etc. The new audience that likes cocking about will enjoy the show for a bit but again thats max 2 years when even they will notice that things are getting quite repetitive now.

Is it good or bad!? hard to tell. TG will be missed but then something new will come up. TG australia was doing good in 2nd seazon. Maybe they ll pick up on some quality as well.

EDIT:
Also as one user here mentioned this before. In the old days you could sense that they were having fun, it was original and true. Now, they do everything because of the ratings. its fake. It was fun for them to go with three cars to teh beach and race. Now they have to race a boat vs daytona for the ratings.

Last edited: