No 56k: New Saab 9-5 officially official (1700px images)

Not sure why they bother with the camoflauge given their current situation but here is the sporty kombi, SportCombi.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/07/Saab_9-5_SportCombi_MY20_01_big.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/07/Saab_9-5_SportCombi_MY20_05_big.jpg
Question, HOW DO YOU PARK THAT?!
tiny ass window and giant damn pillar. WTF

The Camoflauge department are idiots that cover the rear quarter windows XD

GM should have had this car out before the E60. Better late than never, so hopefully Koenigsaab works out. If it's any good dynamically, I would actually buy one. It looks fantastic.

Koenigsaab won't happen. It may look good but it is still a SAAB. A reskinned FWD Opel. Well at least it isn't two stroke.

Question, HOW DO YOU PARK THAT?!
tiny ass window and giant damn pillar. WTF

There are still mirrors on the car. Might I recommend learning to use them? :p

The Camoflauge department are idiots that cover the rear quarter windows XD

hopefully it really is only the camo department. Otherwise SAAB completely forgot how to make a car the SAAB way.

This is the single most awesome design in the past year :D, very edgy. Awesome

Love the profile... not sure of the rear lights though

Last edited:
Don't worry, guys, it's going to look like this:

2010-saab-9-5-2.jpg

Someone was inspired by my car.

2009-toyota-matrix-rear-side-view-588x422.jpg

(that specific one isn't actually my car)

Last edited:
I don't care how unreliable its (probably) going to be, I want that in my life!

-The back
-The interior
-Those WHEELS

DISLIKES:
-everything between the front and rear fenders

-The interior
-Those WHEELS

DISLIKES:
-everything else

also, it doesnt really look like a "new" Saab, more like an upgraded one
And I do wish they would stop being "look it's a fighter jet" interiors... it isn't.

In the first half-second of looking at the pic, before realising that they were side-curtain airbags, I thought the car had filled up with foam. :p

I don't think it looks bad. Still not a fan of another FWD Cadillac.

Between Volvo and Saab, does nobody ever die in car crashes in Scandinavia?
Sure they do but safety has always been perhaps a little more important here than elsewhere where manufacturers and marketing people thought lots of horsepower or chrome was more important and would sell more cars. Cars have always been expensive and not something you buy and then throw away after a short while to buy another one so safety and reliability became more important than lots of power or fancy gadgets (unneccessary air conditioning was optional on Volvos until MY 2004).

In the good old days when the Road Administration still had money they simply cut down every tree within X meters of the road, so safety consciousness was not only present on the manufacturer side.

Last edited: