What do you love more - Top Gear or FinalGear?

What do you love more - Top Gear or FinalGear?

• Total voters

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
The other day, I realized that for the past year or so I have actually started to prefer our beloved FinalGear forums, instead of the TV show Top Gear.
Yes, Top Gear started it all...but it has become an entertainment show, and while I enjoy watching it, I prefer the FinalGear forums.

Here I can read about every news report of a new model, have discussions about cars, get advice on mechanical issues. In addition we talk about technology, music, movies...and most importantly - it's a funny and friendly atmosphere. (Thank you, fellow FinalGear-ers!)

I don't really care about Top Gear anymore. I just like being on the forums.

So what about you?

Reactions: Jay
What do you like more? Your eyes or your mind?

I enjoy an hour of Top Gear more than an hour of FinalGear.

...but there are a lot more hours available.

Crap, I was too quick on the draw. I meant to vote "I love them both equally".

I come here mainly to read theories on who the Stig really is.

Oooooooooooohhhh, hard decision and I'm not going to cop out with the 'Love them both' option. I vote forums. Lots more interaction on the forums.

And we aren't scripted. I think.

I avoided this yesterday, it's just a different sort of question.

Actually I'll just second what Narf said. I'm not so much glued to my screen right now but I can't " go on Topgear" anytime.

And we aren't scripted. I think.
Reading up on the the "Random thoughts" posted since yesterday made me doubt that. :p

Watching TV and participating in a Internet community are two entirely different things. I don't know which to like more, I can't compare it. As a veteran of Internet community concerned with TV entertainment, I find that the community experience can vastly enhance the TV experience. Especially if there are no people in the real world with whom you can discuss what you've seen on TV.

Honestly? Finalgear. I've been here for years and couldn't be without it. :D

I think it's like comparing chalk and cheese- for starters, Top Gear is a non-interactive commercial program about cars and entertainment. Finalgear, however, is interactive, non-commercial and has that many subjects I couldn't list them all. Top Gear has widespread appeal to many- it was the only show 11 of us could sit down and all enjoy on the TV whilst on holidays. However, for long-term appeal and mental stimulation for a smaller group that othrs may not understand, Finalgear is awesome. I love them both for entirely different reasons.

/philosophical.

For the past three years, I would have to say Final Gear. Final Gear is what got me into photography and my WRX.

Final Gear is so much more than Top Gear; really, it is just the starting point. Those who restrict themselves to just the Top Gear section are really missing out on a lot. I guess I could say it is this really cool forum that is vehicle based, but not really. Like meeting someone who is a car fanatic, but is also into photography, gaming, debate, the arts and sciences...I suppose you would call them a well rounded person. That, is Final Gear.

Viper, Quiky, TechZ and all the moderators should DAMN proud of themselves and what this forum has accomplished. For the regulars, doesn't it seem like a group of family or friends rather than complete strangers?

Well FinalGear seems to be deteriorating in quality much slower than Top Gear is, so I'd have to say FinalGear.

Jay said it all. ;)

I love this forum. I may not write much or discuss, but I'm here everyday and I follow the sections I'm interested in. It is a big forum and I can't keep up with everything.

The people are great, it's a really nice community. And it seems like everyone is well behaved. Well, we know what happens with those who don't.

Thank you Top Gear, you were the starting point, and you're a great show, but I'd pick FG any day ;)

As an old member, I'm sure you'll enjoy Finalgear more than TG as for me - I still enjoy TopGear more but I feel it being dragged down by the forums. It's the same top gear atmosphere here but it's everywhere and that's the brilliant bit. It's just a wonderful community started by TG. :)