Karma is a Bitch

dj.TAKA

Car(s)
AE86 Trueno GT-APEX Coupe
Just for Inspectah13

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...4/forza-motorsport-3-week-in-review-12-4.aspx

Starting this evening and all through the weekend, we will be putting up Ford Focus RS for 10s and 100s of millions of credits as an amnesty program for glitchers. If you have gotten credits by cheating, we know all about it and have all the numbers. If you don?t want to get banned next week, I encourage you to go and get rid of your credits by purchasing one of these Ford Focus RS put up in the Auction House by Gamertag ?TurnTenStudios?. Do not accept imitations or buy a Focus RS for millions of credits from any Gamertag other than ?TurnTenStudios?. Purchase the Focus RS that is appropriate to the amount of credits you glitched and your name will be taken off the list for banning next week ? but be sure to stay honest because we?re actually running another scan on Monday to see the outcome. Either way, it?s a chance for folks to come clean and start over.

Well, wasn't that a waste of time.

Bit of a pussy method, but I guess it will get back at those who exploited the glitch.

I gotta say that's rather generous of T10 to allow people to "fess up" rather than just ban them outright.

Heh. Nice of them to allow people to clear it up before bannage, but personally I want to see Inspectah13 throw a shitfit when he's banned.

That's actually a very smart idea to allower cheaters to return what they "stole."

Not sure exactly what the issue is as I don't own either an Xbox nor Forza, but that looks like a classic "we'll get them to tell us how many credits they cheated from us". Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but I wouldn't put it past them to not actually know who scammed the credits, but use this as a way to find the guilty parties. Just a thought.

JH

Last edited:
:rofl:

How can they ban you for this? didn't people just take advantage of something in the game that was do-able without modding your xbox? seems like this is an issue that turn 10 should have taken care of before release.

They can ban whoever they want. This was clearly an exploit, and not built-in functionality. Anyone doing it knew they were "cheating" whether they cared or not. Personally I think this is a great idea.

You only get banned from the Store Front and auction house anyway so not as a big a deal as some people are moaning about.

My bad karma does not make any of you torrentors who think cheating in a video game is bad any less hypocritical, torrenting is stealing, you are all thieves, and therefore have no moral high ground to stand on and judge me from, like me or not you are still criminals in actualitym not just in a video game, fools.

Because it is physically impossible to view these forums without downloading the torrents first.

:rofl:

It was just a matter of time wasn't it?

Gold. :lol:

Torrenting cannot be defined as stealing in any way. Do the ones i download from lose their file when i download it? Because that is the definition of stealing. Taking something from someone so they loose it, without permission. I just get a copy of it.

The law says it is theft and therefore criminal whether you like it or not.

Also i did not buy an RS and i did not get a ban so i guess my karma is not so bad afterall...

somehow i keep hearing Baldrick saying "i have a cunning plan"
frankly anyone found cheating should have their Xbox Live account revoked, since most cheaters usually do it to show off by getting kicked off Xbox Live it'd deprive them of their fix, they go back to their girlfriends (also known as their right hand) and stay out of the lives of those of us who just want to play the bloody game.