• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Quiky and I are tired of hearing people bitch and moan about anonymous negative rep they receive, so we're making a change. What that change is depends on you guys. Please vote.

I fail to see the point to rep, its green for everyone or anyone that is red gets banned in like 3 seconds anyways.

I vote for Obama... owait

make it public is my vote, if the internet is so srs, dont come on, you're all mostly using anonymous usernames and except for Viper we cant find any of you, a neg rep with a name is a neg rep with a name, i have some, i cba to hate on them, they just didnt agree with me. But the double standard is dont expect me not to publish it if it's stupid.

I voted public positive rep. Rep is a good "thank you" button.

Really not a fan of public negative rep as it'll lead to people doing payback, etc.

Last edited:
Either remove it or make ALL of it public.
To prevent rep wars, make a rule prohibiting it and give a few days of ban to anyone doing it.

Save me the typing. I sign my reps (positive and negative) I've only received one retaliation rep.

I always sign my reps, I'm fair like that. I'd prefer seeing both pos and neg reps signed too, so that's my vote.

I like it as it is - 1 vote for the status quo - sorry chaps.

Next best : Make it public (allow anyone to see who left them rep, positive or negative)

Last edited:
Make it public is my vote. the rep system will be much better once we know who approves (or not) of what are you on about. it should also stop the whining.

Make it public is my vote. the rep system will be much better once we know who approves (or not) of what are you on about. it should also stop the whining.

Nothing will stop the whining.

Fuckin' de ja vu eh?

Yeah make that shit public for all I care

When I started repping (pos or neg) I thought the username was included, so never signed. Until I got my first +rep :)

I liked the old rule of banning anyone who whined about it. Then again I sign mine anyway, when I remember to at least, so public is fine.

When I started repping (pos or neg) I thought the username was included, so never signed. Until I got my first +rep :)

I thought the same, as well.

I've never negative-repped because even if I disagree with someone's opinion, I don't feel the need to "tag" them for it. So since I can't use the feature to note that I disagree with someone unless I "tag" them, I either comment in the thread (where "rep" is not necessary) or I just ignore the post (in terms of offering a response).

I voted "get rid of it", but if we're going to keep it, making it fully public is probably best. Yes, it will likely incite people to "tag" those who "tag" them, but by removing the anonymity, it might serve to reduce the number of "tags" if people expect to be "tagged" back.

Last edited:
I agree with making it public.

This isn't an election, it's not a secret ballot. I sign ever neg rep I hand out. If I can't sign my name to my opinion then I need to examine why I want to rep-nuke someone.

I think that making it public will make people think before handing out rep, good or bad. I'd hate to see the rep system go away, and not because I'm attached to my rep score. I think that the system does work to reward contributions to the forum and maintain decorum. It also helps isolate the assholes who cause problems. Some parts of the forum I rarely visit, but if someone was an ass and got rep-nuked in one sub-forum or thread and then starts shit elsewhere the rep system makes that pattern of asshattery easy to spot.

I say keep it, but make it public.

I voted all public, if only to make neg-rep happy posters (or lurkers) think twice before clicking away just for spite. For the record, I've never neg-rep'd anyone. If I have a problem with what you say, I'll post it on the thread or ignore you. I use the rep system as a "kudos" type system exclusively.

Or, you can just get rid of it altogether. Just don't half-ass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.