Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Does anyone remember the thread with the two websites that are supposed to help you find a car? you enter a bunch of parameters and it tells you the matches... the sites were pretty useless, if that helps haha What were the sites? Or the thread?

I remember they were over in the questions/advice forum. That should really narrow down the search. Pretty sure it was its own thread.
Edit: I got un-lazy
http://forums.finalgear.com/questions-and-answers/that-one-car-matchmaking-site-38696/

Last edited:
Just gotta say: god I like snow. And when it's snowing upon a slightly frozen road surface, and it's like minus half a degree out there. There's so little grip it's unbelievable, and that's good. :D

There are quite a lot 3 year old Alfa Romeo Brera with decent milage, full-spec and v6 on the market ... for under 20000 Euros (less than half what they cost new) :think:

I notice it is not trying to turn though :p

why would you need to turn and accelerate at the same time? That's just stoopid :mrgreen:

There are quite a lot 3 year old Alfa Romeo Brera with decent milage, full-spec and v6 on the market ... for under 20000 Euros (less than half what they cost new) :think:

do any of them still run?are any of them rust free? do the electrics still work?

If yes to all the above, they are not real Alfas and may be purchased

Has anyone of you bought crap tires for the driving axle, just so you could drive erratically without wasting your good tires?

do any of them still run?are any of them rust free? do the electrics still work?

If yes to all the above, they are not real Alfas and may should not be purchased EVER

There's a speed limit, but there's no acceleration limit.

The X-Terra is pretty much unchanged since 2005. The Off Road edition got roof lights and the center stack got a makeover, but that's about it.

I bought the X because it's a body-on-frame 4-door SUV with good reliability ratings and it's capable off road. I didn't get the Jeep because, as much as I want to like them, the engines are shit and the build quality is terrible.

Since I was making Falling Down screencaps anyway, I made one that was car related:

motivatore36e40523457586e2d368a465779aea3041cc5d8.jpg

Random thought: If a Ferrari 599 must pass safety regulations, at least 2 must be smashed into something right? same with any supercar, no exceptions (except big pickups) right?

Even pickups have to be crash tested these days in the US. And IIRC, you have to give the government a minimum of three copies to be destroyed in testing.