4666934.jpg

1151725.jpg

4912130.jpg

773498.jpg

6784826.jpg

2765290.jpg

4043782.jpg

5155043.jpg

It will offer a total system output of 230kW (313hp) and maximum torque of 4,500Nm. We have triple-checked and yes, it says 4,500Nm (3,319.03 lb-ft)! These figures translate to a 0 - 100km/h time of 4.8 seconds, a top speed of 200km/h and a range of about 248km on full lithium-ion power.

Recharging the 213kg battery pack at the back to full capacity requires six to eight hours on a normal 220V outlet while a 400V plug will do the job in about two and a half hours.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109120823444/audi-e-tron-on-sale-in-2012-limited-to-1000-units

:|

That is soooo ugly!

Sod it, I'd have one. For God's sake, it's got more torque than God Himself. Can't wait to see what superlatives are found by motoring journalists for that amount.

They are lying about the tq figure, it's actually about 1/10th of what they reported.

I want to say that torque figure is bullshit. Peak power would come in at around 500rpm....hardly a performance engine.

Last edited:
More like e-ugly. What the fuck.

I want to say that torque figure is bullshit. Peak power would come in at around 500rpm....hardly a performance engine.

What's the math and reasoning behind that? It's electric, why would it need to rev to a billion (which it probably does anyway).

Anyways, the concept is at least few months old now, I'm sure there's even a thread about it here. I'm guessing they are dropping the wheels and the front grille if they actually put it to production. The interior has to go too, looks too nice to be from zie Faderland, needs more gray and plastic!

What's the math and reasoning behind that?

53afb5d8f8eed605422436b07e7aaa74.png

That is. If you know the torque and the power, you can use a simple formula to calculate the revs.

It's not like you're missing out on the sound of a screaming engine just because of the low rpm. With that much torque they could gear it to the moon and still have that acceleration.

Wiki says that torque in electric motors peaks early and drops off faster than in internal combustion engines, can anyone with actual knowledge confirm this?

Wiki says that torque in electric motors peaks early and drops off faster than in internal combustion engines, can anyone with actual knowledge confirm this?

I thought electric motors had a flat torque line?

EDIT: Not quite: here's the Tesla dyno:

122_0910_03_z+tesla_roadster+dyno_chart.jpg

Last edited:
I think its brilliant. The more engine options the better for everyone.

So the point is actually that electric motors have flatter torque curves for longer, and not just flatter in the supercharged sense, but flat like Kiera Knightley. The Tesla's is completely flat up to 6K RPM for heaven's sake! As a performance option, this is brilliant.

Last edited:
The torque figure is irrelevant if we don't know the rpm. I could take a tiny motor, add a lot of gears and have *huge* torque... at very low rpm.
Like someone already stated, doing the math on 4500Nm would correspond to roughly 500rpm for the stated 230kW of power.

I did some searching but failed to get any rpm figures :(