Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it the more stringent you make the entry requirements, the less interested new members will be in joining the forum, and not just the usual noobs but people who might like to integrate with this community.

you shouldn't tell them...just after a while they would discover there's a whole forum area they've never seen before...

Hmm... the wysiwyg editor doesn't seem to work in Chrome. Any ideas why? :dunno:

That is strange, I don't know why it does't work, but it's probably due to bad browser detection, not actually a problem with Chrome support.

Would you gentlemen be interested in this feature?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122944

About this hack:
One of the biggest problems on forums as you may know is 'posts boosting'. There are users who LOVE to say 'thanks' when ever they can. How can it hurt? Their post count goes up, they have nothing to loose.

There are also users who really like to express their thanks to post but don't like posting a post that looks like they're post boosting.

Then comes the moderators who have to delete people's thanks yous so a thread can look readable with out the thanks yous thrown around.

Finally comes the posters of these useful posts. They have no idea how many people really likes their posts if only some people say 'thanks'.

What this hack does is fix ALL these problems - except those users who like post boosting. This places a button called 'thanks.' When a user clicks on it, it places his username in a box right under the post saying that so-and-so says 'thanks' for the post. Every-one who clicks is placed in one box.

By giving your users the extra feature, you forum will look allot nice and organized. It is a guaranteed liking by ALL the members of your forum.
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/the_interceptor/2009/12/13/4dv0.jpg

I don't think we will implement new modifications to the current vBulletin install. 4.0 will be out in the beginning of the year, and we will probably transition to that within a month of release.

Hmm... the wysiwyg editor doesn't seem to work in Chrome. Any ideas why? :dunno:

Works for me in Safari (Windows and OS X) and it's a Webkit browser. o_O Have you tried downloading Chromium to see if it's just related to that specific build of Chrome?

Well, it's the only build of Chrome currently that has extensions support, it's still beta, that might be it. Also I noticed that the image resizer doesn't work on the site. It works on phyrefile, though.

This evening I posted OK in Off Topic-Food-FG Wine Society Thread 21:30 local, tried to post in another thread at 22:00.

BIG WHITE SCREEN of FAIL with 502 Bad Gateway

When Submitting or Previewing
Tried some tests in Test Forum, the posts DO get put in the Thread but with a 502.

Also, have cleared cache & cookies etc and logged off & on . No good.

Post Quick Reply works OK, otherwise you wouldn?t be reading this and I?d be in IRC alone yelling Halp!

Any ideas?

PS Edit still worky!

Hmm, I haven't noticed anything like that. Does it happen in multiple browsers?

No.
Sorry, meant to say as well XP with IE 7. (I only have IE 7)

Last edited:
The closest I can get to your setup is IE8 on windows 2003, and it works fine there.

This is from XP and IE6, didn't get a 502 previewing or submitting.

The closest I can get to your setup is IE8 on windows 2003, and it works fine there.

Restarted XP and (probably) more importantly IE 7 and as you can see it works now, yay! :)

Your mention of the Browser got me thinking and one glass of red wine later, sucess! :thumbsup:

What I think I did on the 22:00 post was a multi quote reply which I then browser bacspaced and messed something up.
(User error encountering weird bug or messed up pointer.)

(I have tested in the Test Forum in my Thread and think this will post OK.)

Thanks

:)

Last edited:
Can we please have a dedicated karting section in the motorsports part of FG? I see that a lot of people here are interested in that (me included) so maybe it would be a good idea. Doesn't have to be bespoke tough, just a sticky thread might do I think.

Can we please have a dedicated karting section in the motorsports part of FG? I see that a lot of people here are interested in that (me included) so maybe it would be a good idea. Doesn't have to be bespoke tough, just a sticky thread might do I think.
Threads come first, then come subforums. We don't make subforums in anticipation of a lot of threads.

As for sticky, we don't sticky such threads. Otherwise you just end up with a ton of them.

There's been a recent rise in the number of accidental double posts. What could be causing it? It's a bit too coincidentally widespread to exclude a server issue...

There's been a recent rise in the number of accidental double posts. What could be causing it? It's a bit too coincidentally widespread to exclude a server issue...

Noticed this in the Introduce Yourself Here Thread a few times recently. I was going to ask the question as well, but didn?t yet since I believe there is a Moderator approval trap for posts by new members.

I think that the trap stops spam advertisements by new members putting URLs and possibly gives an opportunity to do IP checks from all the dickheads who have been banned recently.

So, new member hits ?Submit? button in Intros Thread and nothing happens immediately, so they whack it again.

Is there a vB message that they miss or don?t understand or could someone code up a
?Your post is being temporarily held awaiting Moderator approval? message?

:)

^It they don't write and 'blacklisted' words or links/pics it goes straight through without moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.