First snow of the year!

'emergency kits' , blankets? wtf? it snows for an average of 2 whole days a year over here , last year was exeptional, and that even only lasted 2 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol:
And Name ONE place in belgium where there isent cellphone range? waddayathink this is ? the Alaskan wildernis ? ......your never more then 1000m from the nearest goddamn house :lol::lol::lol:

This, just substituting Belgium for Northern Germany.

Winterization for me is to swap eight tyres.
I'm too lazy to remove the ice scrapers during the summer, hence no need to put them back in :lol:
Always have gloves with me for the colder third of the year anyways, else I wouldn't survive my bike.
Oldest car is four years, so there are no issues with "cold" weather (I can remember it dropping to -15?C once. Double digits are very rare over here) starting or dead batteries.

PS: First snow flakes happened weeks ago. Were the only ones so far though...

Last edited:
'emergency kits' , blankets? wtf? it snows for an average of 2 whole days a year over here , last year was exeptional, and that even only lasted 2 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol:
And Name ONE place in belgium where there isn't cellphone range? waddayathink this is ? the Alaskan wilderness ? ......your never more then 1000m from the nearest goddamn house :lol::lol::lol:

tbh that emergency kit is in my car the whole time, as you can break down and need a jump start/air in tyres/rope whenever.
Blankets can be used to cover stuff up in your boot too, or when you're parked for a while and get cold (ie drive in movies)

That one place in Belgium without cellphone range would be pretty much all of the Ardennes

If I was a businessman in a fancy suit, with an even fancier car and had payed for some road recovery service thing, I would call and use it and order some peasant to change my tire. Or bring me a new car so I could drive to my next meeting with my shades, talking to my Bluetooth very loudly about marketing and how to improve synergy.

yes, but waiting for the peasant to come change your tyre will make you late, which will ruin the synergy. Fixing it yourself like a man, and getting there in time (with dirty hands) will promote synergy even more

I think you just need a better cellphone actualy.....

I know the ardennes pretty well and I have yet to come across a place accessible by car where you didn't have range.....actualy I find it hard to remember A place in western europe where I didn't have range, and I have covered quite a bit of it....

On a side note I find it hysterical that you speak in terms as 'fix it like a man' and yet you admit to having one of 'those' stickers on your car , but that would just be me :lol: :lol:

tbh that emergency kit is in my car the whole time, as you can break down and need a jump start/air in tyres/rope whenever.
Blankets can be used to cover stuff up in your boot too, or when you're parked for a while and get cold (ie drive in movies)

we have drive in movies??????????

we have drive in movies??????????

Drive in movies, emergency gear for when disastre strikes while adventuring in the vast rough endless wilderness that is the Belgium ardennes.....I'm beginning to think that Noodle is the secret american :lol:

I have a backpack with a heavy fleece blanket, hat, gloves, socks, radio/flashlight/batteries, multitool, candles+matches, 2L of water, peanut butter crackers, and other assorted bits that I made up for winter. In reality it lives in my car year round, but when you live in a place with very little winter like I do you can be MORE likely to get caught somewhere because everyone is so unprepared. Actually, I should replace the water soon. I changed the crackers somewhat recently. I feel better knowing it's there even though it's probably woefully inadequate, and I'll never use it anyway.

Last edited:
actualy I find it hard to remember A place in western europe where I didn't have range, and I have covered quite a bit of it...

I'm constantly out of cell phone range while sailing driving on the Baltic Sea...
Some bits of west coast Denmark don't have cell coverage as well, but I guess most of it has been fixed by now.

First snow is announced to fall tonight too.... But i knew a few moths ago, because tonight I'm going to a club about 180km from here. I do that only on a few occasion, but you an be sure that the weather will suck on these days. So in winter that means snow.

It's really scientifically proved that it's bad when i have to drive a long distance... Last year the first snow event was also on a day where I went to party in Holland. And there was heavy snow. All the 3 Autobahnen in my area were closed down until late afternoon, because trucks got stuck on hills... But... anyway, I managed to get to Holland in time for the party.

Hope it will be the same tonight :p

We got a measly three inches of snow and no one was prepared for it. I distinctly remember passing a woman driving I think maybe 15 mph in a 40 mph zone (traffic was going 25-30) and she sobbing and looked hysterical.

Why do people, who cannot handle the snow, live in this part of the country? Why also do people, who know snow is coming soon, insist on driving on nearly bald tires, putting others at risk? I think it is criminal, and as dangerous as reckless driving, even if they are driving prudently.

As far winter survival driving, I carry a nifty collapsible Subaru shovel, a stadium blanket and of course the obligatory Hoppy ice scraper. I also change out my car battery every two years, whether it needs it or not. Cause the hot weather of the summer, not cold, is what kills batteries eventually. And nobody thinks to change out a battery in the summer....

We got a measly three inches of snow and no one was prepared for it. I distinctly remember passing a woman driving I think maybe 15 mph in a 40 mph zone (traffic was going 25-30) and she sobbing and looked hysterical.

Why do people, who cannot handle the snow, live in this part of the country? Why also do people, who know snow is coming soon, insist on driving on nearly bald tires, putting others at risk? I think it is criminal, and as dangerous as reckless driving, even if they are driving prudently.

oh, come on, people don't for-wait. We got 3 inches here, but people were driving like tards already. And they don't seem to get much better once they "remember" how to drive in the snow.

I swear, you should have two licenses up here, one for 3 seasons, and one to drive in snow...

Note to self: "performance winter tires" are no good on black ice. I tried passing over a patch of the stuff on a slow street just to test them out, and was greeted with the frantic flashing of my traction control light.

A way to kill 30 minutes - put "car snow crash" into YouTube and have a laugh

First snow is announced to fall tonight too.... But i knew a few moths ago, because tonight I'm going to a club about 180km from here. I do that only on a few occasion, but you an be sure that the weather will suck on these days. So in winter that means snow.

It's really scientifically proved that it's bad when i have to drive a long distance... Last year the first snow event was also on a day where I went to party in Holland. And there was heavy snow. All the 3 Autobahnen in my area were closed down until late afternoon, because trucks got stuck on hills... But... anyway, I managed to get to Holland in time for the party.

Hope it will be the same tonight :p

Tadaa.... not much, but here it is

it's snowing here too, wee! but it's nothing to get excited about. Maybe more the following week.
Survival gear, what's that? I don't have anything in my trunk, but I probably would if I went somewhere with danger of big snow. We don't get all that much here. Winter tires are on the car already, been on for almost a month, and the temperature is just now getting bellow zero. Silly weather!
C'mon snow, I want to slide :)

Normally we don't have a lot of snow here... Bigger problem is ice. Winter services are not always the best. There were several incidents in the last years.. where there the roads were suddenly covered in ice.. so that the trucks got stuck and blocked the road.

My father was in the traffic jam for more then 7 hours... When you run out of gas it gets really freezing cold within a few minutes in the car.
So in winter I've always a blanket with me... doesn't need a lot of space, but It might bring you much comfort...

6nrurt.jpg

Taken minutes ago.