Random Thoughts....

I am almost free of finals. Today, I turned in my last paper. All I have now is stats on tuesday.

:dance:

Yeah, I was like wtf, I have to put lights on myself on this thing? :blink:

OHNOEZ I haz to driv my carz manualzly!

Give me a break. If you aren't smart enough to 1) know how to turn the lights on and off, and 2) know when to turn them on and off then get out of your car and walk.

My 2006 Nissan has a regular light switch. In fact, it bugs me that the foglights won't turn on without the headlights on.

I hate Google maps, I'm trying to set up an epic route around Europe starting on Isle of Man but because their destination router is crap I can't have more than 24 destinations. However when I get to 24 it craps out and deletes all of my already planned destinations and routes. The biggest problem is that I'm hitting 24 destinations on the Isle of Man and can't move on to England.

Email Google, they are pretty responsive to fixing stuff.

OHNOEZ I haz to driv my carz manualzly!

Give me a break. If you aren't smart enough to 1) know how to turn the lights on and off, and 2) know when to turn them on and off then get out of your car and walk.

It's not that I can't use them. But in here you expect new cars to come with auto-on lights. (since driving with lights on is mandatory at all times) It's not that difficult wiring change to make headlights go on when key is turned.
In old cars you turn lights on almost automatically.

It's not that I can't use them. But in here you expect new cars to come with auto-on lights. (since driving with lights on is mandatory at all times) It's not that difficult wiring change to make headlights go on when key is turned.
In old cars you turn lights on almost automatically.

Yeah, and around here you expect cars to shift themselves automatically. I mean seriously. :p

Now you see, you have drive with your headlights on over here. It's only convenient that the lights turn on with the car as you'd had to turn them on anyway because it's the law.

I drive with my lights on all the time. I have since I started driving - and that was in a 1976 Volvo. I still turn my lights on when I get in the car and turn them off when I get out. It's not even something I think about. Even on my mom's Volvos with running lights, I still flip the switch to "on" when I get in.

I really don't understand what the big deal is. If you are capable of operating a car you should be able to turn your own lights on. I'm not saying that running lights are not a great feature, but not having them is hardly something to bitch about.

It is not a big deal, since lot of cars don't have it. But for a new car Dodge/Chrysler is the only one I've come across that didn't have that functionality. Otherwise you have to go back 10+ years.

I actually think it's psychologically important to turn something on physically if you also expect to remember to turn it off. The physical action of finding and operating that switch just does something that makes it more natural and instinctive to turn them off. Yes you can train yourself to always turn the lights off, but it's easier if you don't have to work against nature.

Here any car with auto-on lights also has auto-off. My DRLs handle themselves. My headlights are full manual. My mom's car turns the lights on when it's dark (or when the car thinks it's dark) and they automatically turn off 30 seconds after you kill the engine.

Last edited:
So it turns out my boss cut my contract short because she had some beef with me earlier in the week and she went all emotional and PMS'd and whatnot. I told my dad about the situ and he went and told his superiors (who are my boss's superiors as well).

Turns out she's done this before. If it's even a small beef and even if the person who she had the beef with is correct (which in my case it was and it was really a trivial issue) she'll fire them.

I've worked with my dad's superiors before and they are awesomatic. He told me to write down everything that my boss had done and send it to him so they can file a case on her and get her kicked out.

YAY FOR JUSTICE!

I have had this happen 2x. It seems to be a theme with woman bosses and it pisses me off to have to say that. They finally give us high up jobs, thanks for ruining it being a freaking stereotype :mad:

thanks for ruining it being a freaking stereotype :mad:
Says the woman driving one of the most girliest cars.....

(hold your breath for 16,5 seconds)

in the world. :lol:

That does not ruin car buying for other girls like acting like a job is highschool ruins employment opportunities.

That does not ruin car buying for other girls like acting like a job is highschool ruins employment opportunities.

Stereotypes suck. It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, you can be good or the worst boss in the world. It's nothing to do with sex. I had a female boss once, she was great. But I wouldn't say women make good superiors just because she was good. Some people are not suitable for the job, that is all.

Personally I do my very best to fulfill all the stereotypes about metalheads!!:D

Stereotypes suck. It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, you can be good or the worst boss in the world. It's nothing to do with sex. I had a female boss once, she was great. But I wouldn't say women make good superiors just because she was good. Some people are not suitable for the job, that is all.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here...

pics_motivational-stereotypes-based-on-reality.jpg

Personally I do my very best to fulfill all the stereotypes about metalheads!!:D
You doing it wrong on the internets at least, a ghost with a top hat and a monocle and a man in full leather gear? Well..the last is sorta right, but I dont's see much metalhead there. :p
Just to play Devil's Advocate here...

:lol: But does a hooker only dress like one to be recognized to sell her product on the street because it is the stereotype and the image?

But of course you are a walking driving stereotype with all your guns. But then, you also drive a foreign car which doesn't suit for a proper hardened gun swinging Texan at all.

Ok, I give you that there is some truth in every stereotype.

Last edited: